Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chiaramarie
Style_council
chiaramarie

Sooo I never wear sneakers, & i kinda feel like they’re just boy shoes even though obv everyone wears them. I haven’t purchased any in five years and figured it’s about time I had a pair I liked just in case. So ladies, what are your thoughts on high vs. low dunks on girls?? I’m rly leaning towards high, but I want your thoughts on this.

posted about 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’m not a fan of sneakers now, but back when I used to wear them dunks were one of my fave styles. I don’t know if it was just me but with all the low ones I had the material logo on the tongue always rubbed on and cut up my leg and sometimes the tongue would tuck itself down the side of the shoe….so for them reasons, along with the fact that hi-tops look so much cooler I prefer hi-tops. Though the low ones come in a much better selection of colours.

posted about 4 years ago

WiesOudshoorn
Style_council
WiesOudshoorn

not a sneaker girl, but i definitely prefer the high ones

posted about 4 years ago

chiaramarie
Style_council
chiaramarie

thanks guys i agree :)

posted about 4 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I don’t like the low ones… I like skinny dunks personally, they are a lot less bulky than the regular dunks.

posted about 4 years ago

whimsicalwallflower
Style_council
whimsicalwal...

i love sneakers. they’re basically the only shoes i own. i’m not so great walking in heels and such.

but i like both, depending on what you’re wearing. i’m not a massive fan of the super high top ones, seeing as if you don’t wear socks or tights or something, it tends to rub up against your ankle and it’s not that fun, depending on the material of the sneaker.

however, i do like the slimmer high tops.

try the mid-tops. (: perfect length sneaker.

posted about 4 years ago

lovealicee
Style_council
lovealicee

I would have to say a nice pair of high tops can look pretty cute. :) I agree with dapperdork though, mid-tops are a nice alternative.

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i think dunks are too sportsy. they should be worn on the bball court by guys xD

posted about 4 years ago

polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

I saw a pic of Leighteen Meester wearing a pair of black nike high top sneakers with a skirt and tank. It was cute!

I prefer hi tops

posted about 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

i dont wear dunks, but the high ones are way better looking

posted about 4 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I love dunks ! I used to wear them all the time. For the high tops it depends on how big your feet are b/c they tend to make your feet look a little large if your a size 8.5 /9 like me. I normally go for the lower ones but I have both styles so just get which ever one makes you comfy

posted about 4 years ago

KarenKay
New_user KarenKay is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KarenKay reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KarenKay

Who cares if clothes are labeled for a specific gender? If you can make it work, why not?

I personally think nike dunks are really awesome + that their bulk add character to an outfit. Don’t have any pairs of my own [I use all of my shoe money on Converse, haha], but someday I plan to get a pair of bright yellow [I kid you not] high ones :)

posted about 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

Ugh, this just reminds me of the red and white Jordans I have sitting in my closet that I only wore for gym class (i got them for free from a friend) and i feel bad for them that I NEVER wear them. (they take my size 10 feet and make them look 13)

Nikes are pretty cool, but I adore Reeboks<3

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION