Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
yurikome
Style_council
yurikome

(*nEcklace, darn it, why can’t I edit the title?)

Hey everyone,
I just got a thrifted navy blue dress, with small flower print all over. It’s over the knee and very low cut, but definitely playful in style, nothing fancy, plain cotton. The deep v neckline definitely calls for some jewelry, but I have no idea which way to go.
(btw I’m wearing it with navy blue leggins and a white sweatshirt/cardigan type jacket with a band collar)

I don’t think going into pendants on silver chains is casual enough here…? On the other hand the string of white plastic beads I have looks TOO cheap. Maybe something contrasting in color? Or a red pendant to maybe accent the dress and match my wrist tattoos? I don’t know, help!

(beginning to think I’ll just wear a scarf and not bother)

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

It depends on what kind of look you want! The beauty of accessories in the first place is how well they can take your clothes in a certain direction. If all of these accessories look good with the dress in their own way, just take your cues from the mood they set. If you want to dress up or feel dressy, go with the silver pendant. (And there’s nothing wrong with “dressing up” a casual outfit, in my opinion, as long as it feels right to you). If you want to accentuate your tattoos and have the red be the attention-grabbing pop of color, use the red. If you want to dress it down, use your scarf. Chunkier pieces in wood, plastic, or resin, especially if they are brightly colored, are also fun ways to accessorize a casual outfit. And as navy is quite neutral, you have a lot of colors open to you, too.

Personally, I love it when I find clothes that don’t have just one accessory that feels “right” with them. Don’t let it the versatility be an obstacle; having piece you love with so many options for styling is a great reason to wear it more frequently.

posted over 4 years ago

yurikome
Style_council
yurikome

Wow thanks for reminding me – my mom actually has a necklace made of gigantic wooden beads, and it’s red too! awesomeness, will try it (much better than anything in my piles of accessories, that’s for sure).

posted over 4 years ago

kaydyanful
Style_council
kaydyanful

wodden beads, yes, or something with black in it, like pearls with black strands or black lace incorporated.. :)

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

wooden beads or gold or red…yup.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION