Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chellelinyoung
Style_council
chellelinyoung

HELP! I have this black and gray checkered maxi dress its a tube long dress, I dont know if what I can/should match it up with. I mean what accessories, do I have to wear a belt? help guys! :D

posted over 4 years ago
Amandapandazap
Style_council
Amandapandazap

hey, I think there was actually an article on stylecaster or somewhere similar about what to do with maxis…I recently went on vacation with my boyfriend to Florida and after wearing them all the time, wanted to adapt them to the ‘sometimes sunny, sometimes not’ status of NYC right now. This is what I do, hope it helps!
-if it’s hot enough, leave the dress as it is; if it’s a cool print or pattern, keep things simple with neutral jewelry, but if it’s a solid color, feel free to pair it with wilder choices like chunky bracelets and statement necklaces
-the jean jacket look is super in right now with maxi dresses; i didn’t believe this until i put it on and got a ton of compliments from friends!
-a well-cut blazer can be paired with a solid color, and dressed up or down depending on footwear
-sometimes a belt at your natural waist can help pull in extra fabric and showcase your figure, i have a wide black belt from express that i’m obsessed with and only use with my maxi dresses
-layering can be cool too if done properly, by that i mean if you want to wear a long sleeved or short sleeved shirt underneath a maxi dress, try to pull the look together with a belt so you don’t end up looking frumpy.

Overall, just have fun and play around with it! maxi dresses are too cute, chic and comfy to only wear one season of the year; good luck!

PS: you didn’t mention a length, but I leave most of my maxi dresses long enough to wear with summer wedge sandals, but i also keep fashion tape in my bag for when i want a quick hem to wear with cute flats or flipflops!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION