Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

My hair has always been super long and super plain, once in a while I would get my side bangs cut but that’s all. I really want to cut my hair shoulder lenght and have full bangs.
Whats your take on hair?

posted over 2 years ago
shadowcat
Style_council
shadowcat

I keep my hair long now , 3 years ago I cut it really short ( shorter then my shoulders ) and I loved it for a while but then I wanted my long hair back so much . Long hair is a hassle but i think is beautiful and girly , and I feel protected with long one :)

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

I had my hair pretty long, then I cut it tons and its been years now and its still not long enough for me. My choice varies, but right now I really want long curly/wavy hair and my hair is still mid-length. I suggest not taking the full commitment just yet and try layers, that way you could pull the longer layers to the back and leave the shorter in the front for the illusion of a shorter haircut. Because trust me, if you miss your long hair as I do, its gonna take a long time to get it back:(

posted over 2 years ago

KrystaV
New_user KrystaV is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KrystaV reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KrystaV

I’m one of those girls that looks washed out when my hair is long (it’s superthin). I’m keeping it between supershort-short, usually with a bit more lenght on the front/assymetry and short in the back.

Downside is that you get really good friends with your hairdresser seeing them every 4 weeks ^^

posted over 2 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

I prefer long hair but some people look great with short hair and medium length. To each it’s own! Whatever you prefer try it at a medium length it will be easy to grow out longer. But a full bang I wouldn’t suggest try starting with a smaller/ lighter amount of bangs you can always add more bang.

posted over 2 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

Love long bouncy hair :)

posted over 2 years ago

KimboNotKimmy
Style_council
KimboNotKimmy

I had the full bang/shorter hair cut for awhile and I loved it! It’s such a statement, but it’s definitely more maintenance, especially with the summer coming (even the straightest hair can be difficult in the summer depending on where you live). I say cut some layers for now and save this higher-maintenance cut for the Fall.

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I have had long hair and short hair (which I have now)…I love change…and hair grows back…I think you should go for it… :)

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I like my long hair only because it’s taken me forever to grow it out, but I think short cuts are so unique and can be so fun to style. Sometimes change is fun though and if you’re not committed to your long hair, it could be just the thing you need to change up your look!

posted over 2 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Long hair! give yourself dramatic layers, that’s what I do :) really short on top, long bottom layers. definitely not boring.

posted over 2 years ago

CowardTuffLuck
Style_council
CowardTuffLuck

Long Hair!!

posted over 2 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

short hair if u have it straight, that way is easy to take care of, log hair if is wavy or curly

posted over 2 years ago

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

For myself, I prefer long hair. Right now it’s super long (about mid-calf length) and I don’t have bangs or any sort of styling. For some reason I’ve always liked hair that looks natural… a bit shaggy on the ends, and no layers or bangs. Most people hate that, but it suits me. :)

posted over 2 years ago

sbballc11
New_user sbballc11 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When sbballc11 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sbballc11

First off, I was exactly where you were. I cut my hair. I did the exact thing that you wanted.Bang are awful. They always look messy. I started growing them out less than 3 months after I cut it. I would suggest that you start slow. Cut you hair up to midbreast, if you still think you want it short, then just above the breast, and so on and so forth. I would also suggest layers. Layers give you hair the bounce you need. If you think it is plain, try adding highlights or lowlights. I really did like my short hair, for a time. I am growing back out my hair, and I don’t ever want to think about that experience again. Plus guys perfer longer hair over shorter hair. Here is just one proof to this. Link:[text]

posted over 2 years ago

BettyEvelin
Style_council
BettyEvelin

I prefer long hair. I had it long when i was l little younger, then i cut it off to shoulder-lenght, now, after 3 years it is medium long, but i really want long hair. Just cut it in layers. And bangs look awesome with long, super-plain hair.

posted over 2 years ago

IsabelleQ
Style_council
IsabelleQ

Long hair is more feminine and I suggest you keep it that way. Once you go short, it takes a lot for it to grow back.

posted over 2 years ago

Earthchild404
Style_council
Earthchild404

From the back your hair doesn’t look that long to begin with so, if I were you I would be careful how short you’re willing to go on your first run. I recently saw a picture of myself from 2004 (it was one of those school pictures of me that my mom ordered, the last one she did I think) My hair was past my elbows I kept that hair all throughout junior high then decided I wanted short for high school, like all those cool punk girls I saw in pictures online and on my games. My hair didn’t reach the back of my neck when I had the hairdresser finish with it. It gets almost addictive. I graduated in 2010 with barely shoulder length hair and I went even shorter than ever next spring, in a bob. I’m growing my hair back now, and this spring I had to fight myself like hell not to lop off my now shoulder length hair, because after I saw that picture, I knew. That was what I wanted. I like my hair in extremes, if you can’t tell -;;; I can’t do mid-range hair. It makes me look funky and not in a good way. Oh and that article above is not 100% true, that woman just dated jerks. My boyfriend loved me with hair at my shoulders and in a bob, and found me no less attractive when I cut it all off. Just saying, don’t let what ‘men might say’ stop you.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION