SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ferraribe
Style_council
ferraribe

Hi all! I’m a new chictopian :)
I’ve recently bought a pair of liquid leggings and I love them but I don’t know how to wear them without looking like a fetish model! O_o
I have this party next week and I’d like to wear them with dark green, fake crocodile leather ankle boots.
Please help!

Thanks!

Bea

posted over 5 years ago
orsola
Style_council
orsola

Hello Bea, welcome to chictopia!
I suppose the leggings are black, right?! I would pair them with a short black dress if you want the shoes to stand out and the whole to be well balanced and not too much pattern-mix. If you want on the other hand to stess the leggings, then choose a coloured dress in contrast with black, like red or yellow -spring and fresh colour.
If you don’t like dresses you can wear a high-waist skirt with a top, in order to make your legs look longer -the ankle boots tend to optically cut the leg and make it looking shorter ;o)
So hope it helped :o)

posted over 5 years ago

Bubu
Style_council
Bubu

Well I have to admit that I also had some problems when I bought them but then I saw this amazing pictures of Julia Restoin Roitfeld and got some inspiration…

posted over 5 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

can you explain what liquid leggings are? is it a brand or a texture? I have never heard of them

posted over 5 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

can you explain what liquid leggings are? is it a brand or a texture? I have never heard of them

posted over 5 years ago

commoncents
Style_council
commoncents

ah, i own a pair of liquid leggings. everyone always tells me, “i love your leather pants!” ugh they’re not leather! >.<
hah sorry, but i usually just wear them with a loose tank top and a cropped jacket with some fancy-ish jewelry to dress it up.
i also usually wear them with boots.

posted over 5 years ago

ferraribe
Style_council
ferraribe

Thank you for all your inspiring advices :)
For nothing2wear: liquid leggings are PVC – usually black – leggings that look like leather pants.
You find an example here: http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/64325-polo-vest-friis-company-zara-top-leggings-vtg-blazer-vtg-boots

posted over 5 years ago

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

Sorry, but I think it’s impossible to NOT look like a fetish person in them. You can wear a big slouchy band t-shirt a la Debbie Harry to tone it down, but that fetish look will still be there.

I don’t think thats a bad thing though! I’d rock head to toe latex, haha.
posted over 5 years ago

fifthofjuly
Style_council
fifthofjuly

I second commoncents. The easiest way to wear liquid leggings is probably a tank top with some sort of outerwear. Here are two examples:
http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/76887-jacket-leggings-t-shirt-purse-boots-necklace
http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/80112-express-blazer-h-m-scarf-american-apparel-pants-sam-edelman-marc-by-marc

Liquid leggings work especially well with rock chic.

posted over 5 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

oh I like them! I would wear a long top loose, and light with loads and loads of jewelry necklaces and heels. I think they are hot! Where did you get them?

posted over 5 years ago

heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

I would definitely style them the same way that nothing2wear suggested – long loose top (read: long enough to cover your rear), structured jacket, loads of jewelry. A lot of people buy them from American Apparel, but other stores are doing knock-offs. The quality of the ones from F21 actually aren’t that bad!

posted over 5 years ago

ferraribe
Style_council
ferraribe

Time to party! :) Tonight is THE party night, so I have decided to pair my liquid leggings with… a glittered top! Maybe it could surprise someone but I’ve noticed that I like them especially with not-so-long t-shirts, as this kind of leggings is less similar to tights and more to stretch trousers.

I’ll post some pictures soon!

They are the best with a rocker style, I agree with fifthofjuly, but they are not so bad with an elegant jacket (I saw an amazing photo of Victoria Beckam wearing them).

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

^^ i love it with something glittery. I think with a shiny legging, you can’t tone it down so you ought to go all out with high heels and glitter and crazyness!

posted over 5 years ago

ferraribe
Style_council
ferraribe

Here we go!
http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/82553
http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/82554

posted over 5 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

Liquid leggings are stunning, so is your photo when you had them on!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION