Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
petrina_345
Style_council
petrina_345

hello all! :)

Im 17 years old.

Till now i’ve been mostly a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl.
I love to dress up for occasions, i have a few glam dresses for events, for everyday wear, im mostly just in jeans…

The issue is its really HOT in singapore,like face-melting hot.
So im limited to cooling clothes/ one layer stuff.

I like a few type of styles, :

goth/rock/vampy glam stuff
punky colourful edgy things
retro vintage pinup style

so im totally LOST here, i dont know where to start or what to do!:(

help me in any way

posted about 5 years ago
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

lots of pinup style sundresses are pretty appropriate for summer… they’re short sleeves, usually made from cotton and have quite full, loose skirts which should keep you cool and comfortable.

posted about 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Oh, yes, definitely go for cotton rather than materials such as polyester. Much more breathable! Dresses really are my ideal type of clothing for staying cool. I’m also a huge fan of denim shorts. Sorry this probably isn’t much help as far as styles go :/

posted about 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

pretty much any type of forties/fifties style pinup girl clothes will look fine, provided it’s in linen or cotton to keep you cool.

As for punk-ish … all i can think of is wearing band t shirts and shorts. sorry! Possibly a checked shirt to cover your shoulders ?

posted about 5 years ago

Elinorr
Style_council
Elinorr

make sure you accessorize well, think bold statement stuff like huge flower headbands, big clashing pieces of jewellery, bold scarves for the evening (when its colder :]), belts!!!, studs, brooches… these are the things that change a plain outfit into a more unique, interesting one… also statement shoes are important, i love strappy gladiator heels/sandals and they’re not hard to find.

posted about 5 years ago

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

Punk/Goth is great for the winter, but it can be tricky in the summer. I’d go for short, loose dresses in block colours: that way you can either wear fishnets and boots, or if it’s really scorching something like Converse. Distressed denim cut-off shorts and tutu-style skirts are great for giving you that kind of rebellious edge, and a lightweight leather bomber is a good way to cover up later on. Have a look at Marissa’s wardrobe in the third season of The OC – it’s a good example. Still, I think the key is to accessorise with thick chains, bold cuffs, and dark nails.

posted about 5 years ago

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

I say go for a 60s/70s boho look. Get inspiration from the old school groupies like the GTO’s! Wear some lightweight cotton and gauze dresses. You can totally add a touch of goth to this look by wearing black gauze, and by adding accessories such as velvet chokers and long strands of black beads!

posted about 5 years ago

plastikneon
Style_icon
plastikneon

You can always do shorts with a casual tank and then “statement” shoes (i.e.: goth boots, studded sandals, ect.)

If you still want to do the tights look: try pattern fish-net type tights, so your legs can breathe.

I would say lots of dresses, and loose fitting clothes.
Tight jeans + warm weather = no good.

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION