Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
EmilyHorton
New_user EmilyHorton is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When EmilyHorton reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EmilyHorton

I just thrifted a pleated, mid-calf length, high waisted navy blue skirt that I adore! But the problem is I have no idea how to wear it. Its a skirt that may look tacky if not worn right, and I love seeing outfits with long skits, I’m just not sure I can pull it off/can combine it with the right things.
Any help?

posted over 3 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

There are a gazillion ways to wear something like this! It sounds like a real treasure!

For one, I would definitely wear heels if it hits mid-calf on you. If something hits above your ankle but below your knee it can very easily either A. throw off your proportions or B. Make you look wider by cutting you off at the widest visible part of your leg – your calf.

I bet it would look super adorable with a pair of t-straps, a white button up shirt tucked in, and the skirt worn high-waisted with a bright yellow belt (yellow and nautical navy blue is really in right now and I’m madly in love with it). You could top it off with any of your favorite jewelry, or a cute little bowler hat!

posted over 3 years ago

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

I love the new trend with the Mad Men-style skirts. To make it look more modern, and not like a costume, try pairing it with a cropped sweater and some cute ankle booties.
I also love the look with a slouchy top tucked in and some pumps. As above, heels are important

posted over 3 years ago

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

oh, and look at this girl!

posted over 3 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

And again, hii_live has the best suggestions! I love the look with tucked in tops with high heels too… So this is my vote for wearing the skirt!

posted over 3 years ago

pinklemonincrystal
Style_council
pinklemoninc...

if it’s high waisted i think you can wear it with cropped top like that is above your belly button
i have a black cropped sweate that has some gold zipped thing attached in details but can’t find the right high waisted bottom to pair with myself…

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Skirts like that are all over recently – I really like this look.

Also, you could probably find similar styles on Etsy.com and see how the seller styled it.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION