Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
glittervodka
New_user glittervodka is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When glittervodka reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
glittervodka

So guys! I’m like 20 years old turning 21 next year. But yet I still feel like I don’t look my age. People may say I look like I’m 16. I really want to look my age. It sucks being short also makes me look even younger. What do you guys suggest I’d do to look more like my age.

posted over 2 years ago
JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Wear mature clothing..ie, skip the studded belts, converses, or graphic tees. Try blazers, solid color shirts, or things like simple skirts if you like them. Do you wear makeup? if you do, don’t overdo it OR underdo it! you might just have a youthful face, in which case you can’t really alter that…try looking at other girls on chictopia and thinking about what they are doing vs. what you are doing. hair styles? clothes? don’t change yourself just to look older, but don’t be afraid to wear more mature styles!

posted over 2 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’ve always looked several years younger than my age, too. In my experience:

Stuff I try to avoid: graphic or logo tees, hoodies/hooded sweatshirts, sneakers (Converse, Vans, etc), cheap flip-flops, ra-ra skirts, too many bows or ruffles, too many statement accessories at once.

Stuff that helps: tees in solid colors or all-over prints, button-downs or shirts with interesting collars, cardigans and blazers, structured sandals (gladiators, embellished sandals, etc instead of flip-flops), heels and wedges, shoes that are higher quality in general, anything tailored or structured, subtler accessories (fine jewelry, only one statement jewelry piece at a time, etc).

Hair and makeup also plays a role. For example, if your hair is long and all one layer, adding some layers can help you look more mature. I would also avoid blunt bangs and go for sideswept or no bangs instead.

But don’t feel like you have to completely compromise your own style to look older, either! I love cute, girly style that tends to make me look younger, so for me it’s not about giving it up entirely so much as knowing when to tone it down. For example, around friends I don’t mind “dressing young” because they already know how old I am, but if I’m going out I try to look more mature so people aren’t constantly questioning whether I’m old enough to drink or see an R-rated movie or whatever.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

ENJOY IT! I look younger than I actually am, so it’s fun to see people’s responses. Plus, when you are 50 and everyone thinks you’re 30, you will be like “Yesssss!”

If you REALLY want to start looking older, take up smoking, drink tons, and go tanning. J/K those things are all really bad for you.

posted over 2 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

I’m turning 22 and I’ve been told I look 16, doesn’t really bother me much though except in Gosees where they ask for yuppies and I look like a teenager. Hahaha! You embrace that beauty of yours, dear!

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

as long as you act your age you shouldn’t worry :). makeup helps, so long as you keep it clean/fresh-I definitely look a few years younger without anything on my face.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION