Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
_ashleyamour
Style_council
_ashleyamour

like m trying something new which would be the more chic gossip girl style.
mainly blair waldorf and i was wondering what type of clothing would she wear.
and what are the basics i need. to pull a waldorf. please and thank you.

• i think blairs sortof a preppy- modern day valey girl .. but thats just my opinion :P

im going for the moern day valley girl look .. :)

if you could help i woud be honored :D

posted about 5 years ago
Bubu
Style_council
Bubu

Elegant, sweet, classy. Start with the fancy headbands, actually fascinators. Find the most daring ones, you can make them also by yourself, I enjoy making them all the time!!! Then some LBD combined with colorful tights and nice black heels. Lots of colors popping out, but without to many garments, nice white shirt with a short, high waisted skirt and ballerinas,
blair by Petrushka featuring Tibi

or

blair waldorf by Petrushka featuring Jeffrey Campbell shoes

I would just try it that way, classics with modern approach, nothing to serious but still elegant.

posted about 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

A lot of pleated skirts, white knee high socks, heeled mary janes, ruffle-y cardigans, cardigans, victorian-esque brooches, elaborate headbands, cute knee-length peacoat in red, lace lingerie, tights in basically every color and texture, nice cocktail dresses (ie. that white cocktail dress she wore in one episode).

yea. that’s basically her. :D

posted about 5 years ago

zyxwvu
Style_council
zyxwvu

Blair likes to look sophisticated, mature, and ladylike.
She also seems to like hosiery a lot so stock up on tights. And headbands.
And I don’t think I’ve ever seen her without heels.
As for the clothes, nothing slutty. Blair is not trashy. Everything she wears looks expensive and well made (even if it isn’t). She wears a lot of skirts and dresses. She also has a lot of knee-ish length jackets. yeah.

posted about 5 years ago

zyxwvu
Style_council
zyxwvu

OH! Also, her look is very classic and timeless.

posted about 5 years ago

loullaby
Style_council
loullaby

As the other said i think the basics you need to look like Blair Waldorf is headband and colorfull tight. She is smart and classic, and often wear trench coat.

posted about 5 years ago

valeree_voguish
Style_council
valeree_voguish

Blair Waldorf is very sophisticated and elegant. like what others said, trench coats, hosiery, tights, headbands are her favorite articles of clothing. also include skirts and dresses, she mostly wear these kinds :)

posted about 3 years ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

Wide skirts. She’s often wearing circular skirts or a-line dresses. Everything classic and with a clear colour.

posted over 1 year ago

HauteandComely
Style_council
HauteandComely

ladilike is the way to go.definately with some sparkly fitted dresses.

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Ruffled Silk Blouses
Brightly printed, well-made day dresses
Printed skirts of all types
Well-fitted blazers
Headbands
Lip Gloss
Well-fitted suits
Berets

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

http://www.stylethatshow.com

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I don’t really like her style, she has a chic preppy style, sometimes really childish.But if you like it, go for it! Wear a cute skirt with a shirt and a bow, and wear lots of sweet accessories like headbands.

posted over 1 year ago

thegorgeousbeautie
New_user thegorgeousbeautie is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When thegorgeousbeautie reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
thegorgeousb...

I’m thinking 60’s style dresses, pleated skirts, cardigans, button-downs, mary jane, ballet flats, etc. I would get her style at Forever 21, Old Navy for an inexpensive look. Or if you’re into splurging, J. Crew and Polo Ralph Lauren would do it. My opinion.

posted 10 months ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

You should check out my Gossip Girl Style site for inspiration :) Blair’s style is definitely more conservative than Serena’s, her dress lengths are longer, necklines are higher and her clothes are more flare than bodycon.
Elements:
1) As other have mentioned above, Blair certainly loves her headbands. I like the idea of wearing a necklace as a headband for dressier occasions.
2) In terms of brands, I think Blair defines the aesthetic of Prabal Gurung, GIAMBATTISTA VALLI, Vera Wang, Stella Mccartney (coats), Dior, Valentino & Elie Saab.
3) One of Blair’s favorite trends is Peplum, whether it’s a peplum dress or a peplum top + flare skirt. You can see it here , here , here and here

4) Opaque tights/ stockings – Blair is not afraid to cover her legs with opaque tights and stockings, as seen here

5) Ruffles: Blair wears a lot of ruffle blouses, individually or peeking through her jacket. SHe’ll pair it with a more structured bottom as seen here , here , here , here and here

6) Mixing Prints: Blair mixes prints a lot but they usually follow a certain color scheme. For example if her top has a hint of orange, so will her skirt. You can see her mixing prints here , here , here= , here and here

7) Pairing green & Yellow
Over the seasons we’ve seen Blair pair Green & Yellow multiple times as seen here , here , here , here , here , here and here

8) Cloche Hat: Blair certainly loves wearing cloche hats and has been seen wearing them here , here , here , here and here

posted 10 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION