Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
elle_em_bee
Style_council
elle_em_bee

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep fake gold jewelry from turning/tarnishing?? I’ve googled it, but haven’t had much luck finding anything. I always find these really cool, trendy pieces of really inexpensive fake gold jewelry, but i find that they always tarnish after a month or so. I’ve noticed that Forever21’s turns the most, which sucks cause that’s where i find the coolest. I have this new ring that i’m very attached to and really want to keep it from being ruined. can anyone help?!

posted over 5 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

You can’t. The process of plating and/or painting regular metal gold is not a permanent process. Only 24k gold (having no impurities or other alloys) is resistant to tarnishing. In all precious metals, it’s the reactive metals (copper, silver, etc.) that are susceptible to corrosion and oxidization. Inexpensive jewelry is that way for a reason. If this is really annoying for you, I suggest investing in real 24k or 925 sterling pieces from stores like Etsy or eBay where you can find random and/or vintage pieces for cheap.

posted over 5 years ago

cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

i keep it away from perfume especially when i spray perfume on myself. Aside from that i keep them in a plastic jewelry container where its tight locked. No air can come inside. I dunno if it helps.. hehe

posted over 5 years ago

nazlay
Style_council
nazlay

I’ve heard people use even coats if clear nail polish along there fake costume jewelry & I’ve actually tried it myself it worked for a while until the coat started to chip off. I only use this method on fake jewelry nothing real .

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION