never been a fan of orange btw
and by orange i mean bright orange but not fluo
goes reaally good w blue n denim
do you like it too?its a trend?

posted about 1 year ago
penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

Yes! I don’t really wear orange but paired with blue makes a beautiful combination. You can also pair it with white, brown, and if you dare a hot pink.

posted about 1 year ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

I love the idea of wearing orange and turquoise/mint and seen here and here
As penelope mentioned, orange can look great with pink as well (As seen here )
Purple and orange as seen here
Instead of wearing a neutral color with your florals, you could wear orange as seen here

posted about 1 year ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

yes!i have a hot pink scarf (printed w butterflies)and wear them togheter w orange.ill talke pics later and upload them

posted about 1 year ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

It’s a beautiful color but I try to stay away from orange and yellow since I’m blonde and fair skinned. They just aren’t the best colors for me.

posted about 1 year ago

WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

Yes, tangerine was the color of the year in 2012, and since then it has hardly died down… it is a favorite and we are loving its some hue or the other.

Plus, you are right.. it goes wonderfully well with blue… and also with neutrals… that is sort of the magic.. :) And plus, tangerine lip color is so pretty as well.. so it is not just a clothing trend either!

posted about 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I remember tangerine being really big last year and the style gallery on Chictopia was filled with orange. Check out the tangerine gallery to see some ways you can see this style.

posted about 1 year ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

yes!thats true.and as a color used for colorblock style was seen a lot too….but as i buy follow by impulse i dont know if its a trend or a trend from the past haha

posted about 1 year ago

MadalinaGugila
Style_council
MadalinaGugila

I’m not such a big fan on orange or tangerine, it’s a very summery color also so i wouldn’t wear it in winter, actually if i think about it i don’t have a single item in my wardrobe on orange :))

posted about 1 year ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

It also depends on a person’s skin color too. Usually a person with warm tones can pull it off year around (this also depends on the coordination too).

posted about 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I usually hate orange as well (especially burnt orange – ewwww). But I do have a few pieces of brighter shades of it. I really like the combo of bright orange with bright pink.

posted about 1 year ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

I've never been a big fan of orange either, but something about that bright shade of tangerine orange really pops! I definitely try to avoid pairing it with black clothing (too Halloween-y), but otherwise I've found that the shade looks cute with navy's, white's and for color-blocking with other bright solid colors.

posted about 1 year ago

Ochre
Style_council
Ochre

ooh tangerine is a lovely underated color

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION