Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleOcean
Style_council
LittleOcean

I just finally lost weight from having my son a year ago, and though I’m not overweight, I still have quite a pudgy belly. I’m just wondering what you girls think about high-waisted skirts, shorts, ect when you’ve got a little pudge sticking out below the waistband? Any particular colors/styles you’ve found to hide the bump best. I think gathers work better than pleats, what do you think?

posted over 4 years ago
polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

Horizontal stripes would look bad there. I think maybe some ruching would work? Or maybe have some patterns around your top and bottom, and just have the stomach area black or solid coloured if that makes sense.
Not too sure though, lol! We’ll see what other people say…

posted over 4 years ago

trainwrecktaylor
Style_council
trainwreckta...

Actually, I would avoid ruching. No offense to your opinion, but I don’t think ruching looks good on anyone… I’m not a fan. I think high waisted could actually be really flattering. I would go for something more diaphanous and maybe knee-length to maxi length that flares out at the bottom. Chiffon or cotton would work well. OR something with a moderate slit… you want something that is going to add a degree of movement and width at the bottom to balance your proportions.

posted over 4 years ago

Cigsanddigs
Style_council
Cigsanddigs

I know high wasted a line skirts work for pear shapes, and a wrap dress is definitly flattering for a fuller middle. But as for high wasted skirts make sure it hits u at the right places. I know when I wear them I try to pull it over the biggest part of my middle so I don’t end up with a muffin top lol.

posted over 4 years ago

EUCYFUL
Shop_seller_2 EUCYFUL is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
EUCYFUL

if it’s super high-waisted like this it will help you hide any pudge. dark colors are best for slimming!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION