Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
dciree
Style_council
dciree

girls from fashion blogs wear in winter. sometimes they wear leggings, aren’t their legs cold? i know people say “layer layer layer” but is that really warm enough? how many layers would be enough when you tred through heavy winter snow and still want to look chic? certainly it would be a coat.. but how can you see what is underneath it for those chic looks?

posted almost 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I’ve found that a really thick pair of leggings work even on really cold days. I live in Seattle, tho, so “really cold” usually means 20’s F. Anyway, you don’t lose as much heat from your legs as you do from your feet, chest, and head, so as long as I bundle up in those areas, I’m usually good to go! My favorite leggings in winter are these ones I got from Nordstrom. They’re by Zella and they’re made for yoga and jogging, so they’re extra thick.

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

What else would you wear? I always wear tights because I hate leggings but I imagine leggings would be even warmer.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

It never snows where I live—in fact, it barely rains—so I never feel cold when I wear tights.

I think footwear would also be pretty important; when it does rain, I like to wear leggings underneath knee-length boots (and knee-length socks). I think that would probably be warm enough for snow. I’ve seen fleece-lined leggings and tights in stores, so you could try those too.

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Keep in mind that in winter, you are probably not going to be spending a whole lot of time outdoors except going from or to your car. Fashions tend to be more about looks than functionality in some cases.
So say you want to wear leggins during the cold with a skirt or shorts, that is fine but if you put on a lot of layers just cause it is cold out, what is the point since most of the time you will be indoors where it is probably not cold?

Then again if you ARE going to be outdoors a lot of hours in the cold, then dress accordingly.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION