Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mayieta
Style_council
mayieta

I have a problem. In a couple days, my class is taking our class trip, which would be cool, but they’re making us all wear the same (extremely unflattering) neon green, man-cut tee shirts. I was really excited to go, but now, not so much. I have no idea what to do & any advice for either shirt alterations or other pieces that would make it seem less offensive would be really appreciated. Thanks!

posted over 5 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Tailor the shirt and just make it fit like a t-shirt you would regularly wear. Otherwise, just play up the volume and blah-ness and just pair it with some jeans and hi-tops.

posted over 5 years ago

BirchandMahogany
Style_council
BirchandMaho...

dont let an ucky shirt ruin your trip! you’ll have fun becuase EVERYONE will look redic, not just you. but some ideas?

try cutting out the sleeves of the shirt, belting the middle, and wearing a cute pair of shorts. or leave the belt and add a funky necklace (or do a belt+necklace combo). since the neon green color is probably pretty obscene, you could also get away with just picking UBER bright shorts and chunky, crazy bright accessories to have fun with the whole look. i’m guessing it will be too hot for a cute blazer to cover the top a bit.

if nothing else seems to work with the shirt, just go for killer shoes and a rockin’ bag. no one can say you didn’t try!

posted over 5 years ago

mayieta
Style_council
mayieta

Thanks so much! I did end up ‘tailoring’ the shirts and wearing some uber bright shorts. That made it a lot better but it turns out I didn’t really need to do anything, seeing as I spent most of the trip back at the hotel sick. :c
Oh well, thanks anyway!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION