Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sarahjuncan
Style_council
sarahjuncan

hi, im sarah, i have some questions for all you stylish ladies who look very put together… so i went through a messy divorce and gained alot of weight… i am in the process of loosing weight but in the mean time i just feel like everything looks so bad on me. i used to be a very daring fashionista, now i tend to hide in black very boring clothes… im only 5 ft tall and leggings and skinny jeans really arent for me.. they look so cute on others but for me just all wrong. can any one give me some advice for looking slimer and dressing really hot and trendy even when your the “chubby girl” this is something very new to me… and i am having a very hard time. thanks guys.
sarah

posted over 5 years ago
aryanoush
Style_council
aryanoush

empire dresses with an A-line silhouette flatters any insecurities with the hip and tummy region, also i would recommend mid-rise straight leg or wide leg to compliment a curvier figure. you can also elongate your legs by wearing a higher rise in pants, as well as jackets or tops that stop right above the hip. don’t wear baggy clothes it would only make you look frumpy. fitted is the way to go, i hope i helped!! :)

posted over 5 years ago

jazzyhwang
Style_council
jazzyhwang

hi! i’m sorry about your divorce :( but i’m chubby too and i find that wearing heels elongates your legs. definitely get things that fit—not too tight but not too baggy either. i feel that things that have drapery can easily hide places that you want to hide. also definitely empire-waist stuff and high-waisted skirts/pants are very flattering. i tend to avoid shirts that go up to my collarbone and go for shirts that will kinda let my upper body breathe since i try to hide my stomach area as much as possible, so go for v-neck t’s because they’ll also elongate your neck. long necklaces draw the eye downward.

just for anything that makes you look longer :) and try different colors! :D

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION