Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

I’m almost 1m 80, and have very long legs. all of this is absolutely fine, but when in comes to clothing, it’s hard for me to find things that fit perfectly, as I’m also very thin. pants are always too short, and the worst in winter are the jackets. the sleeves are never long enough to cover my wrists and I have to wear long gloves. but it looks a bit ridiculous. Do you guys know any brand for tall girls? have you the same issue?

posted almost 2 years ago
AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

i don’t think that wearing long gloves looks ridiculous, but i do think it is uncomfortable or unpleasant.
i have a friend with a similar issue – she solved by taking a looks in the guy’s section in the stores…or by buying clothes that are bigger in size.

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

I went once to the men’s section; but I couldn’t find anything that pleased me… and as I’m skinny, taking a bigger size makes me look like I’m drowning in my clothes…

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

i have the same problem as im1.77,the jacket issue i usually put a sweater of the same color under,wich do the trick.the pants problem is much bigger in my case they fit perfectly but for some reason the waist is a little small…used drowning clothes when younger and really sucks but just because i was lazy :D

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

men’s clothes are made to fit the shape of a man’s body. women’s bodies have curves (even skinny girls have some!) I went to Levi’s once, they have different sizes for the legs, but I don’t have enough money to buy one of those jeans! I wish some brand could do the same for the sleeves, but I imagine this would be luxury as well…

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

One of my cousins, who is 1m85, has a trick for the pants: she wears ankle booties, no one remarks that her pants are too short. but she still has frozen wrists in winter :p

etceteraism
Style_council
etceteraism

I feel your pain-I’m around 1m78-1m80 as well.

For jeans I normally buy Cheap Monday or the longer inseam jeans from Urban Outfitters. Uniqlo jeans are also long enough for me, but I find the rise is too low, so I normally go for high rise styles that cover enough of my long torso. If you are thinner than me though (I’m XS on top, M on bottom) and don’t need to cover a muffin top they would probably work for you-and they’re under $50US.

The only brand of wool coat I’ve found long enough for me so far has been Mackage and Soia&Kyo (same company)-sometimes the coats at Zara are also long enough even in XS/S-but it depends on the style.

Topshop has a tall section as well-the stock is a bit limited but it’s a good option for pants and jeans.

Dress pants for work have been the worst challenge for me….I’ve splurged and bought Theory ones which I actually need to hem, and Gap makes a long inseam too which I have to hem as well.

Wish I could be more help! I know a couple of other good sources but I believe they are American brands that I’m unsure you have in France.

anniesjo
Style_council
anniesjo

Many designers have additional sizes online. For example, many Free People pants are made and available with an extra long inseam.

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

Actually, I have almost the same height as you, but I don’t have this problem.I always find clothes for me in Bershka, ZARA, H&M or New Yorker. Maybe I’m just lucky!
Cheers.

posted over 1 year ago

sugarplumcreek
Style_council
sugarplumcreek

Oh..I wish I was around 175 cm. I’m 10 cm short. Huhuhu.. Any way, You can find outfits at Uniqlo and Zara.

posted over 1 year ago

janesi87
New_user janesi87 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When janesi87 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
janesi87

Zara, H&M can help you with their collections so that you shouldn’t feel so nervous

posted over 1 year ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

yes I find sometimes pants at Zara, but some models fit, some don’t… weird. And it’s the same for the sleeves. I found that many British or American jeans brands had different leg sizes, I bought one at Hollister and I’m pretty happy with it, sadly is doesn’t seem to exist for more formal pants.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION