Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
MissMarais
Style_council
MissMarais

What do you guys think of them? I just got one from Zara with a little Yorkie in huge glasses that reads “nerd” and I think it’s adorable, but I’m not sure how to make it work with a more sophisticated outfit than just a tee-shirt and jeans. Thoughts?
(I do have glasses that match the ones on the dog, hmmmmm….)

posted over 4 years ago
priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

I personally like them a lot. I don’t have many but I do like the ones I have. I wear them with jeans, shorts, and skirts. Just try experimenting with different types of clothing and see what you like best!

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I have a few graphic tees and don’t intend on getting any more. The only tee I buy now are usually souvenir typed… Vancouver Olympics, staff shirts from where I work, university shirts.. that kind of thing.
I usually don’t know how to wear them unless it’s around the dorms or under my lab coat.

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I lived in graphic tees in high school, mostly in just basic tshirt/jean combination. However, I don’t wear as many of them now because I’m an adult with a job and a dress code.

I still enjoy wearing them on weekends, etc, though, usually with jeans and a cardigan. (Example). Shorts also work, and depending on the graphic they can be cute with a high-waisted skirt. I don’t think there’s any way to make them not casual, but accessories and some experimentation you can definitely make them look like you tried a little harder than just throwing on jeans and a tshirt. Think about scarves, and also belting them— especially if they’re a little oversize, like the kind being sold at Forever 21 these days, belting is great. You might obscure the graphic, though.

Wearing your glasses with the shirt could be cute— try it out and see what you think. (Lol, what you really need to do is put the glasses on a Yorkie and walk it around while you wear your shirt! :-P).

posted over 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I like graphic tees under a blazer; it’s a cool effect.

posted over 4 years ago

zombelle
Style_council
zombelle

I wear them with blazers, skirts, leggings, etc. For me, it’s all about just experimenting and seeing what works. ♥

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I used to really like them but now think they are way to over worn. I hate looking at them now and would never wear one. I do make an exceptions if it is done really well, but for the most part I use my old ones for the gym.

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

I personally love them, i wear mine with some cute heels and shorts and maybe tights, it looks so cute!

posted over 4 years ago

OrignalStateofMind
Style_council
OrignalState...

I think its fly when girls cut up graphic tees around the shoulders and make em look like retro shirts and thats cool with leggings, overalls, boots, jeans, sneakers, waist belts, heels, etc… graphic tees are cool for girls to rock all the way!

posted over 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

YOu could try lk some skinny jeans or leggings and heels!! I’m sure that’ll look pretty cute!! Or at least, that’s how I would wear it, if I didn’t want to wear lk the reg jeans and tennis shoes!

posted over 4 years ago

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

i love love love to wear my old beat-up graphic tees with jeans, a strong fitted blazer and uber-high heels and lots of vintage jewelry.

you could also switch the jeans for a flirty skirt :o)

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

wear a bold tight fitting mini skirt

posted about 4 years ago

locketandkey
Style_council
locketandkey

I LOVE graphic tees. :)
I agree with kelllosaurus, they look cool under a blazer! It gives them a bit more polished look to it, even with a pair of denim shorts.

posted about 4 years ago

teenageloveaffair
Style_council
teenagelovea...

I love graphic tees—I have loads from Zara and Mango, mostly with cats on them. I used to pair them with jeans. Now I pair them with shorts if I’m feeling lazy or skirts to dress them up. :)

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION