Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
OliviaParker
Style_council
OliviaParker

So as I’m sitting here online shopping … I’m wanting to a buy a faux fur vest, not terribly expensive. Just something that I could wear with say a black long sleeve tee underneath and dark jeans..

But I can’t decide if it’s worth it. It’s warming up outside, slowly but surely, and I don’t think I have much time left to wear it and who knows how I will feel about this come next fall/winter … Is there anyway to wear it during the spring and not look like an out of place freak? Doubtful.

Help! xx

posted over 4 years ago
JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Oooh I probably felt the same way before I bought my grey leopard print faux fur coat. Well, although it is warming up I still get chances to wear it, usually at night and it’s great as formal outerwear. Everytime I look at it I just love it and fur really is a classic.
I’ve been thinking about finding a fur vest. I imagine it long hair, brown and a long vest, and I’d wear it with a summer dress. Kind of a natural ‘hippie’ look I’m going for.
But don’t be surprised to feel out of place wearing it regardless of what the weather is. Fur just attracts looks. And I’m glad you’re going for faux fur!

posted over 4 years ago

OliviaParker
Style_council
OliviaParker

Over a summery dress is such a good Idea! Thanks! Ooooh, leopard! Where did you get yours? Looking for a cute, yet, inexpensive one seeing I don’t know how much werar i’ll be getting out of it ..

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Mine is from H&M and I got it on sale so it was about $30-40 CAD, I was looking for a good price too since I’m a starving student. Can I see the one you have your eye on? I’m thinking of making a fur vest instead of buying this time around. =]

posted over 4 years ago

loveonthebackseat
Style_council
loveonthebac...

I think for the summer, it’s a no go… Because I think you would be melting in a vest like that… You can wear it now, when it’s still spring?

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think you should leave it. You’re not going to get much wear from it, maybe a month at most because it will get too hot for fur, no matter how you try and wear it. Maybe you should wait until the end of the summer when it’s starting to cool down a bit and consider it as an autumn/winter item (plus there’ll probably be lots more choice in them by then as well).

posted over 4 years ago

OliviaParker
Style_council
OliviaParker

Yeah, that’s probably a better idea thanks!

That’s such a good idea to make one, sewing the fur would be difficult, my sewing is good but I don’t know if I could manage that. How are you thinking of doing it?

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Well, I used to sew fur leg warmers for a gogo dancer I knew and I didn’t really have a tactic, just kind of went for it. At least I learned how to cut fur and to comb it before sewing from those leg warmers. That fur I worked with was similar to what I have in mind, long hair so it won’t shed too bad once I cut it and while I’m sewing. It may also help that I sew with an industrial JUKI which can handle going over thick material.
But wearing it, I’m in Canada and we’re still getting random bouts of negative temperature and I’m predicting a cool summer so I luckily have more chances to wear fur. =]

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I’m all over fur for summer, so i’d get it, then you can have it as a lifelong staple :)

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION