Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
pinki_licious
Style_council
pinki_licious

I see floral and stripe prints paired in every magazine for spring. I think the look is so cute! But everytime I match mine together I just think they don’t match or look right. How can I pair them together and make them look cute?

posted almost 5 years ago
invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

I would say to go for a stripe that’s minimal, not very noticeable. Don’t try to do stripes in a very bold pattern or color with a floral print with a very bold pattern or color!

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

How to wear stripes with florals

I made a set on Polyvore to show you :)
I guess my best tip is to not over-accesorize, the prints in themselves are enough.

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

hii_live, I love the set you put together!

pinki_licious
Style_council
pinki_licious

wow thank you hii_live i love the outfits! i cant wait to go shopping now! :) i’ve been wondering for weeks how to put them together, thank you so much for taking the time to help! :)

and thank you everyone else who replied great advice!

maliciousmallory
Style_council
maliciousmal...

hii_live, those are great!

curiouscurl
Style_council
curiouscurl

I have a general rule for flowers & stripes if it’s a big stripe try for the smaller flower prints like liberty of london or whatever but for thinner stripes try larger flower prints this trend in itself is a lot to take on but if you balance it our correctly it will turn out great!

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

Thanks, guys! I love making sets, I usually reply to topics in the forum with them. Or just message me, if you trust my sense of style, haha.

I’m glad to help, pinki!

omgitsquelle
Style_council
omgitsquelle

I love stripes! Depends though, I’m more of a black & white, gray & white, or blue & white fan. Not big on the cross colors like pink & red stripes, etc.

xolindsey
Style_council
xolindsey

Wide stripes look best with mini floral patterns, and small stripes look best with larger floral patterns. :)

Also, don’t try and be too matchy-matchy. Try and pick either a neutral with brights or colors that don’t necessarily match. THat way it looks like it’s meant to be that way, and not like the colors don’t match and you got dressed in the dark. haha

Hope I helped (:

pinki_licious
Style_council
pinki_licious

yes haha i try to avoid looking like a got dressed in the dark! lol thank you for the advice great help :) and great idea!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION