Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

First off, I am SOOOO excited guys. I went to JcPenny and they were having such a great sale…i bought five items for $18 that never happens at department stores (i think…) anyways, I found a pair of faux leather shorts for only $2 by olsenboye here

excited by the prices at the store that day i totally bypassed the idea how I was going to style these bad boys. already have two outfits in mind: 1. black and creme striped 3/4 shirt with a black and gold detailed bib on the front with black pointed flats for a casual look 2. plain white collared shirt with grey fur vest patterned tights and black booties.

do these sound like they work? also do you have any other ideas of styling them. perhaps help me add some color into this look. i know these can be a great versatile piece !

posted almost 3 years ago
tayloriginal
Style_council
tayloriginal

I would wear a boxy laced top, ripped tights, combat boots, and a pork pie hat.

lkb
Style_council
lkb

i have some and i really like wearing them with black tights underneath, flats, and usually a sweater on top, maybe a plaid button-up underneath. if you have a knit pullover sweater in a color, that would be a good way to incorporate more color. generally with them, i try not to wear something else that’s faux-leather or leather because it feels like too much. i used them for a sweater i’m selling on my shop you can see it here. i just like the different ways you can mess around with texture with these shorts. an all black outfit would even be interesting.

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I like both of your ideas, and I am SO FREAKING JEALOUS…. I am dying for a pair of black leather shorts.

When I finally get mine, I’m planning a couple of different outfits: with black tights, flat oxfords and a white button down; and with black tights, flat oxfords, a vintage band tee and an oversize red flannel button down.

Good luck – make sure you post pictures for us!

EmTrava
Style_council
EmTrava

Try pairing it with a lace/crochet top or a denim top. :)

jcpenney
Style_council
jcpenney

Faux leather shorts are great to create an edgy, but girly look! Try wearing a black polka dot printed top, sheer black tights, and black wedge boots. Or a white drape neck knit top, blue blazer, and patterned tights.

Mitzeee
Style_council
Mitzeee

i would style this with ……..
yellow or white sheer shirt
black tights
burgandy loafers with gold buckle on front
burgandy clutch
gold necklace but not too big
and a random turquoise ring to stand out
(maybe even a cropped blazer for a formal do)

doughreese
New_user doughreese is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When doughreese reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
doughreese

Have you gotten yourself some black wedge booties?

lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

Amazing. I love love love love faux leather shorts but if I was you I would lose the thights, it will be too much

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Yay for you! I love my faux leather shorts and I know you will too. :) Depending on the look you’re going for, you can toughen up the leather with a rocker look, or make it girly. Dressing for spring, I might wear them with a hot pink blazer, white tee and black wedge booties. Or maybe a sheer floral blouse, big sunglasses, and some strappy wedges.

recklessenigma
Style_council
recklessenigma

Maybe keep the tights simple? Since faux leather shorts are quite bold look.
Jealous though, I’ve been looking for a pair for ages, haha :)

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

Both of your ideas sound great! I’ve been pining for a pair of shorts like that…would love to see a pic of what you end up wearing… :)

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

Black tights, denim shirt

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

keep it simple:P

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION