SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SaraLuxe
Style_council
SaraLuxe

HI
I am from england, and have studied fashion buying at uni, and currenlty work as a garment merchandiser in the fashion industry here. I am thinking of moving to Canada for a few years , and was wondering does any one have any advice about the fashion industry in Canada ? like which state is best to go , or which companies? also does anyone know of any graduate schemes/ training schemes over there? im really lost and know no-one over there so it’s hard for me to get started . absolutly any advice would be very much appreciated !
thankyou
sera

posted over 5 years ago
Dija
Style_council
Dija

Hi Seralouisa! Some great places for the Canadian fashion industry are Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto (my hometown!!). Try becoming a buyer for Holt Renfrew, or a store such as that. The Canadian fashion industry is fairly small, so everyone knows everyone within the industry, but almost everyone is fairly nice. If you show that you are dedicated and passionate, you’ll definitely succeed here. I will say that this industry is one of those ‘work your way from the bottom up’ but if you’ve done few internships in England and you have an impressive resume, that will help too. I’ve met some people in the Canadian fashion industry and their advice for getting started in the industry was intern as much as possible!

Hope that helps!

posted over 5 years ago

Dija
Style_council
Dija

*Double post, sorry. :S

posted over 5 years ago

SaraLuxe
Style_council
SaraLuxe

thanks that helps loads !

posted over 5 years ago