Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

My mom’s friend’s daughter has a job interview for Rue21’s graphic art department, and they told her not to dress for an interview, but to dress edgy. She is totally lost. She doesn’t know what to wear and has to go shopping for an edgy outfit. I was hoping somebody could help me out with what they think she should wear. I’ll tell you a little about her. She’s 32, pretty slim, and a bit short. I’d say she’s about 5’3" or 5’4". Any suggestions? :)

posted almost 5 years ago
New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Usually in the arts department, they don’t like you to wear the business suit and stuff, they want to see your creativity and your personality through your clothes. She could check out Rue21’s style and try to go for that…usually you can’t go wrong since it’s the kind of style they’re selling.

As for edgy, you can go hipster. Something simple yet different. It can be that whole American Apparel style of skinny jeans, baggy tees and a flannel/plaid cardigan with dangling chains, pendants, etc. It really depends on her general style. You want portray who you are, not something completely different.

Basically, edgy is a look that is unique and different. It doesn’t mean to look like Lady Gaga or anything, but just a little extra that makes you stand out from everyone else. If she already has a set style, she can just take it a bit more extreme that she would normally…add some drama to her outfit.

katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

thanks for the help

REPLY TO DISCUSSION