Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 698 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 698 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I am wondering what most of you think about dressing your age? I am (clears throat) OLDER then most of the gals on this site and LOVE so many styles & trends that I just don’t know are appropriate for me anymore. ( for the record lets just say i’m over 30 ) What should I stay away from? What can I still get away with?

posted over 6 years ago
dagny
Style_council
dagny

Over 30? i would have never guessed, you are smokin’ mama!! From the pictures on your blog, it looks as if you are chic and dressing for your age… using both exciting statement pieces like those nine west green shoes and classics like that denim jacket… even though i’m 21 i still try to dress a little more conservatively than many of the girls i see on here that are my age.

posted over 6 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

Hi, I too, am impressed by how good you look at your age! As far as dressing your age goes – I’m beginning to face this challenge myself. I’m in my late twenties, but in a field that doesn’t foster too much creativity in dressing. Trends like red or blue stockings are too young for me. Flat gladiators just don’t look professional enough.However, I think that there can still be a lot of creativity in dressing socially acceptable but chic at the same time. A few of my favorite emerging trends for this summer are:
1. oversize blouses. elegant and comfortable.
2. fringe. hip and edgy, but not too much so.
3. high waisted skirts. enhances a woman’s curves.
lulu has a few photos with these pieces. I’m sure she has a lot more to add :=)

posted over 6 years ago

lulu
Style_council
lulu

Hey Ckinsm, let me just add to the list and say wow, you do not look over 30. Anyways, I firmly believe that most of the well dressed girls on our site dress pretty mature. Something a hot to trot 30-something would be more than able to incorporate.
The key is to not overdo trends. And not to do certain trends that might be a bit too young like socks and sandals. Here are some looks I think would look great:
Blazer/ boots/ skinny jeans/ studded belt
High-waisted pencil skirt/ striped knit/ belt
Dress coat/ vintage dress/ peep toe pumps
All very cool, without going overboard.

posted over 6 years ago

New_user 698 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 698 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Thanks Ladies…..

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION