Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
FabulaDico
Style_council
FabulaDico

My style is very eclectic and quirky, I have a pixie cut, and I wear a lot of vintage, hats, oxfords, printed dresses, full skirts, layers, scarves, button downs, etc.
Recently though, I’ve been more interested in dressing a little sexier on a daily basis, without looking cheap or compromising my personal style. Any thoughts as to combinations, styles, or types of clothes would be appreciated. Thanks!

posted over 1 year ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

It’s all about balance! If you do a short skirt, make sure your top is a little more covered up. Sheer layers are always a great way to add subtle sexiness, but are more suited for warm weather. You might also look into American Apparel leotards. They have a scooped back that is sexy, but also elegant at the same time. Hope this helps!

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

The little black dress it’s always the best!

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I think that Serena from Gossip girl always pulled of a sexy yet stylish look perfectly. She always went for bodycon dresses, short skirts with blouses, and fun accessories:

http://stylethatshow.com/tag/serena-van-der-woodsens-style/

posted over 1 year ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

I agree with Catiebeatty, make sure you don’t show too much of your body. Try very high heels, it definitely makes you look fierce and sexy. bodycon tops and dresses are a good way to show you curves but without showing skin, this is also very sexy :)

posted over 1 year ago

Chicyoyo
Style_council
Chicyoyo

Agree with girls here, showing skin doesn’t mean sexy… you can even wear a longer skirt, but still look sexy. try some body flattering tops and great accessories can truly do magic! Good luck! :)

posted over 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

i think make-up is a great tool in changing the overall vibe of your look..may be look into that..it is fun to play with make-up..

posted over 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

experiment with the fabrics you use. if you typically wear button-downs with skirts/shorts, you could still wear the same thing with lighter, more delicate fabrics—e.g. a semi-sheer chiffon button-down (here or here).

form-fitting clothes are flattering :). I like mixing loose tops/blouses with high-waised bodycon skirts.

posted over 1 year ago

thebluemonster
Style_council
thebluemonster

check out my friends youtube channel, she dresses a bit grungy hot if you’re interested
youtube.com/celinastyles

posted over 1 year ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

You also can play with lace. It’s slightly transparent, but not cheap. I agree with everyone that “sexy” doesn’t necessarily mean short skirts and deep decolletes.
Also a fitted dress with boat neck that only is showing the collarbones can be sexy worn with high heels.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION