Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

Hi. I love boots, and i love boots with tights. But for fall, I’d like to try the thing where you wear knee-high socks over your tights, with boots. With about 2=3 inches peeking over the top.

But, if i wear black boots with dark tights, what color? Or brown boots with dark tights (navy, black)?

Also, my legs are, uh, sturdy – would wearing white socks make them look thick? or should i stick to the dark-colors are slimming rule?

Thanks guys!

posted almost 6 years ago
railophone
Style_council
railophone

I would love to see long, slouchy socks with boots. (:

With black boots, I don’t see why you can’t do multiple colors. With brown boots, I’d stick to black tights. Maybe that’s just me?

Some people are going to say that white will make your legs look bigger.
I say it doesn’t matter as long as you wear it with confidence. Confidence will pull off any outfit. Who are others to judge you?

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

grey socks or light beige would be good with dark tights. I’m not really a fan of white knee highs and boots. as long as the socks themselves aren’t too bulky, it wouldn’t make your legs look thick.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think colours like black, brown and grey would work best with either boots. Even colours like dark blue, purple or maroon. Personally I would prefer socks that were beige or cream rather than white as I haven’t really seen white knee highs worn with boots, but if you think you can pull it off then go for it!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION