Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

So I got a gorgeous cobalt blue pencil skirt from Maurice’s a few weeks ago, and I’ve been dying to color block it with some other bright colors – namely, green and hot pink. I finally found what I thought would be the perfect blouse in green and chunky high heel sandals in hot pink (with a matching hot pink satchel), and when I tried it on today I feel in love. I thought it was perfect… but my sister thought otherwise. In fact, she said it was awful and she was really kind of mean about it.

Now this is a girl who wears nothing but blue jeans (black when she’s feeling dressy) and t-shirts (mostly in red or black), so I normally brush her criticisms off, but this is a pretty bright and risky combo, so before I wear it to the office I wanted to get some other opinions. Tell me – am I crazy, or is she?

Here are some pics – sorry for the dirty mirror, my toddler nephew is obsessed with my mirror.

Outfit pic 1
Outfit pic 2
Pink shoes

You can also check out this outfit post for a better view of the skirt; and here are the green blouse, the pink shoes and the pink satchel on Lulu’s.

posted about 2 years ago
christinaaa
Style_council
christinaaa

Its totally cute! Wow i love the color combo!

posted about 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I think the blouse and shoes look great together, but the vividness of the skirt just doesn’t match…you might need a different colored belt to bring the blue and green together. But otherwise, i totally love your outfit – I don’t get why your sister doesn’t!

posted about 2 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think the top skirt and shoes look good together but I do agree with the suggestion above about changing the belt.

posted about 2 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

Looks great!! The vividness of the skirt DOES match the vividness of the green top as the top is a bright green.  all is perfect.   I would rethink the black belt.   Maybe a pink belt?  no better yet no belt or a gold belt.  I don't know but the black belt is some how not right.  Wow great pink shoes!!!  Your sister would vomit at most of the stuff I wear.

posted 5 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I like the colors. I'm on board with changing the belt color or going without. Your sister dresses very plainly and doesn't have the same fashion sense you do. Don't let it get to you.

If you need any other fashion advice please let me know. I love this stuff.

http://www.lookfortheoccasion.com

posted 5 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION