Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

So I got a gorgeous cobalt blue pencil skirt from Maurice’s a few weeks ago, and I’ve been dying to color block it with some other bright colors – namely, green and hot pink. I finally found what I thought would be the perfect blouse in green and chunky high heel sandals in hot pink (with a matching hot pink satchel), and when I tried it on today I feel in love. I thought it was perfect… but my sister thought otherwise. In fact, she said it was awful and she was really kind of mean about it.

Now this is a girl who wears nothing but blue jeans (black when she’s feeling dressy) and t-shirts (mostly in red or black), so I normally brush her criticisms off, but this is a pretty bright and risky combo, so before I wear it to the office I wanted to get some other opinions. Tell me – am I crazy, or is she?

Here are some pics – sorry for the dirty mirror, my toddler nephew is obsessed with my mirror.

Outfit pic 1
Outfit pic 2
Pink shoes

You can also check out this outfit post for a better view of the skirt; and here are the green blouse, the pink shoes and the pink satchel on Lulu’s.

posted almost 4 years ago
christinaaa
Style_council
christinaaa

Its totally cute! Wow i love the color combo!

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I think the blouse and shoes look great together, but the vividness of the skirt just doesn’t match…you might need a different colored belt to bring the blue and green together. But otherwise, i totally love your outfit – I don’t get why your sister doesn’t!

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think the top skirt and shoes look good together but I do agree with the suggestion above about changing the belt.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION