Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Hello ladies! So I we are all fashion-savvy, but I’m wondering what your personal “trends” are? I really like wearing long skirts and dresses with tights, which no one else at my school does. However, I’m looking for some new looks to try out, so spill what your signature thing is! :)

posted over 2 years ago
Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

My own trend are faux lashes and bold lips

posted over 2 years ago

SkinniMini
Style_council
SkinniMini

Lol I get little boys comic tees (from like Old Navy for 7 year old boys lmao) and wear them, b/c theyre the perfect fit to show off my navel since im thin ;))

posted over 2 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Very creative :) anyone else out there??

posted over 2 years ago

katherinep
Style_council
katherinep

Denim paired with velvet, pink hair with orange ends, short high wasited skirts with oversized cardigans. :)

posted over 2 years ago

itskendallkay
Style_icon
itskendallkay

Well, this started as my own trend but the only reason I had done it is because I shaved one side of my head and it just made sense to me! But people at school started noticing I always only wear one earring just on that side because its the only side of my head my ear shows on lol :p

posted over 2 years ago

sloan
Style_council
sloan

I wear small rings in the middle sections on my fingers. I am also a big fan of dark purple lipstick.

posted over 2 years ago

FluffyNJ
New_user FluffyNJ is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When FluffyNJ reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
FluffyNJ

I like wearing nice shorts that are preppy and above the knee style.

posted over 2 years ago

zerofussinfo
Style_council
zerofussinfo

My everyday uniform : fitted top + knee-length full skirt + long jacket + kitten heels + handbag + 2 accessories.

posted over 2 years ago

VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

I DIY things a lot. I go to the thrift store, pick up the ugliest things and make them chic [by hand or with my sewing machine]. Thats my “trend” [signature shopping tactic]. I never have to worry about anyone else having on what I have on.

posted over 2 years ago

LuanaRios
Style_council
LuanaRios

I like using high waist and fit skirt (in some vibrant color) under big blouses.

posted over 2 years ago

yamigirl
Style_council
yamigirl

i wear lots of waist belts, i love waist belts XD

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

In my fashion and design class in high school, one of my student teachers said I was the queen of layering. So, I’d like to say that’s a signature of mine.
However, I do a lot of layering over collared shirts and tying scarves into bows.

posted over 2 years ago

ChristieREdwards7587
Style_council
ChristieREdw...

I tend to always include something “ethnic” to my look. Many say I have a bohemian flair, but it is something about unique ethnic pieces I adore.

posted over 2 years ago

KelseyKennedy
Style_council
KelseyKennedy

My town seems to be behind the times, so my personal trend that really no one here is doing are kneehigh/above the knee boots.

posted over 2 years ago

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

A lot of “my” trends that I’ve been wearing for years are “the” trends now! Go figure.

For example, the current trends in hosiery. Bright colors, funky fishnet, sheer with patterns. I’ve been wearing that since high school, when no one else was (at least where I live). You know how huge costume/vintage rings and lots of stacked bangles are popular now? That was what I was known for in elementary and middle school! (And yes, I mean the real thing, not little girl costume jewelry. I wore my mom’s jewelry and a lot of clothes from the juniors department when I was a kid.) The boho look is something I’ve been wearing for years. The sheer and lace tops that are so popular now, also something I’ve always loved to wear.

So, even though a lot of people over the years have laughed at me for dressing different from everyone else, it turns out I was more fashion forward. :P

Anyway, to answer the question in a more direct way—my “thing” would definitely be my knee length hair. It’s the first thing people notice. I’m known for it more than anything else.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION