SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
EllG
Style_council
EllG

Hi guys,

Getting waaay ahead of myself here, but when Christmas is over and the central heatings packed in all i can do is think of warmer times….

My sister is getting married in New York this August and I will be spending 2 weeks eating things i shouldn’t in delis, drinking in your Irish-American pubs, getting my sticky mits all over the priceless art in MOMA and generally having a great time in a hot and frantic city.

As I’m no high-paid executive a lot of cash is going into saving for said trip (London to New York flights veeeeery expensive) and I’m trying not to spend any money. BUT whenever the shopping urge kicks in (as it always does) I justify it with ‘well, i can wear it in New York’.

So, what should I be spending my money on? What are your favourite summer outfits, that you feel the best in?

(p.s. if you managed to read all the way to the end, you deserve a prize. Apologies: this wasn’t intended to be such an epic tale…)

posted over 4 years ago
ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

I love a vintage dress and ballet flats in summer; it looks pulled-together while being completely effortless. Also, vintage can be really affordable in small stores, or online at Etsy or eBay.

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Lightweight dresses and nice sandals are so lovely during summer – as ClothesHorse said it’s totally effortless!

Most of my summer outfits are cutoff shorts, but I make sure I incorporate skirts and dresses :)

posted over 4 years ago

EllG
Style_council
EllG

Thanks guys – yeah, dresses are also good for minimising packing. Plus, I think they are so intrinsically summery and weddings are so romantic you kind of want to float around the place abit…..until you get run over by a yellow cab….

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION