Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
BirchandMahogany
Style_council
BirchandMaho...

Hey guys! So, today I wound up having the blogging idea epiphany while studying for a biology final exam, and I figured it was kinda funky and weird and could go disastrously wrong, so I figured I’d get your take on it before actually attempting what would be a massive (but massively fun) project.

I was thinking of starting a “dress me” blog, where I would have photos of literally all of my clothing, neatly organized and tagged for convenience and available for access on a server (i.e. like photobucket or something). Either with me providing a “foundation” piece for each outfit-in-the-making (such as a statement belt or whathaveyou) or me just telling people to “go for it, free for all”, I would have users literally choose my outfits for me. I would of course catalog the outfits picked via pictures and add witty commentary (or at least, I’d try for witty!).

I figured this could breathe new life into my outfits, especially as I’ve been in a tad of a slump. What do you think? Should I par down this idea, change it, toss it, or go for it? Advice? Takes? I’d love a piece of your minds, seeing as you’d be the group I’d be catering to!

I was thinking of trying that and a street fashion photography blog. Takes on that as well?

posted about 5 years ago
shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

That’s a good idea! It’s really unique and no one else has done it yet. The only thing is; it could get a little old if that was the only thing on your blog, so maybe intersperse it amongst other posts showing your self-picked outfits and/or street fashion photos as well? People like to see your style :)

posted about 5 years ago

Frugality
Style_council
Frugality

This reminds of closetcouture, which allows you to upload photos of all of your clothing, neatly organize them, and then put them together on a mannequin. If there was some way to do this for your personal blog, that would be great.

posted about 5 years ago

mallobar
Style_council
mallobar

Yeah, I think that’s a neat idea.

posted about 5 years ago

vintagexlove
Style_council
vintagexlove

GO FOR IT :D

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

love the idea :) but a lot of effort if it doesn’t end up getting much traffic

wow I just realized that was posted two years ago.. I wonder if she went for it?

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I love that idea! I would definetly participate in this… :P

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

This is a great thread, but would be much better suited to the Blogs forum – please move it there and I’m sure you will get some great responses.

Thanks!!!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION