Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
FashionAdventures
Style_council
FashionAdven...

when i say tall, i really do mean tall- i am 6”1’ and while i love heels, I feel like i’m intimidating when i add 3 or 4 inches. is it still worth wearing heels? am i really a scary giant? I feel like i pull it off well until i find myself unintentionally looking down on people. I’ve tried short heels but i agree with most of the people around here- half hearted heels are almost worse than none.
i want to hear what other people think though…

posted almost 6 years ago
AlinaL
Style_council
AlinaL

wear them! heels make a girl feel amazing, dont let your height get in the way of them.

bexlea
Style_council
bexlea

Wear them!! Whilst not being as tall as you, I’m 5’8 and all my friends are about 5’2 – yes when I’m in heels, I do tower above them, but there is no way I would give up my high heels! I also work in a shoe shop and we get some very tall people buying some very tall shoes, and I personally always think they look absolutely amazing and it makes their endless legs look even longer!! So wear those heels with pride!!

SecondTimeAround
Style_council
SecondTimeAr...

Do it! do it! do it! im not as tall as you (5’11’‘) i wore 5 inch heels out last night and it was great, it made me feel confident and i felt more dressed up than i would have if i wore plimsolls like i usually do! i love how heels really change an outfit. my boyfriends moans because he is 5’8’’ but he gets over it!!

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

WEAR THEM! HANDS DOWN! I wish I were 6’1… i’m like… a little munchkin standing at 5’4 =[

rainelyn
Style_council
rainelyn

<- 4’11. i round up to 5’0’’ a lot hahaha. but yea, i am jealous of all of you tall girls. HMPH!

lulu
Style_council
lulu

Wear them. And the more full stop the better (5’ or more).
Look at the Coeds Linda is 5’7” and Annabel is 5’11” and it doesn’t stop either of them.

FashionAdventures
Style_council
FashionAdven...

oh but seriously, my biggest problem is finding pants… and i work at Express where we made small, regular and long pants.and only some of the long pants fit… it’s a lot easyer to hem then down then to lengthen them.
but anyways, thanks for all the encouragement! maybe i’m not really a scary giant

nancyleigh
Style_council
nancyleigh

Yea. Amazons are hot. :P

posted over 3 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Amazons are so hot ;) Wear em!

posted over 3 years ago

Izha
Style_council
Izha

yeah by all means!! but there are time that there are outfits that dosent match with a high heels especially in tall figure but YES WEARS HEELS!! IT MAKES YOU MORE SEXY!! AND CONFIDENT =)

posted about 3 years ago

topro
Style_council
topro

Well, as I am 1.62 m (5.2"), I would feel quite the midget next to you while wearing heels.
But (oh, here comes the but) you don’t wear cloths to make people better with them selves. if anything, those cloths makes you better. So wear heels if you’d like to, and the hell with all those midgets (me included)!

posted about 3 years ago

girlpanic
Style_council
girlpanic

Wear them! That is SO FIERCE! I am 5’2 and feel completely silly in anything over 3", really. I think the heels are more for the taller girl, to be honest. It can often look a little off when a super tiny female wears ridiculously high shoes. But, to each her own! :)

posted about 3 years ago

xokeishaxo
Style_council
xokeishaxo

My motto: As you do.

Be confident in your skin and strut your gorgeous, Top Model-esque height.

posted about 3 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

wear them! it makes your legs have better shape no matter how tall you are

posted about 3 years ago

TeaGran
Style_council
TeaGran

i definitely think you should wear them! if it makes you feel good that’s all that matters! your height is a beautiful thing! don’t be scared to flaunt it!

posted about 3 years ago

jheri
New_user jheri is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jheri reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jheri

I’m 6’3 and wear heels at times. I used to be super sensitive about my height, but am way over that now. It really doesn’t make a lot of difference anyway. The only problem with them is finding ones that fit and are comfortable and stylish at the same time.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I’m really tall too and I feel amazing when I’m wearing high heels. You know how many girls would dream to be tall like us? Don’t be ashamed, be proud, girl, of what you got!

posted over 1 year ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

I guess the cliche thing to say would be “wear what you like” but here is a twist –
if you do not feel comfy wearing them, then it doesn’t make sense to wear something if you are gonna be worried about how people will perceive you. I do have some things I love to wear but it is always in the back of my mind that i feel like everyone is staring.

I am 5’9" so my height is perfect. therefore, i know not the grief of being too tall or too short. I would have a hard time saying if a taller woman “should” wear heels or not. Just if you do and feel like you are “lloking down” at people, just give yourself (and them) some extra space so it is easier to meet eye to eye. I have to do this with one of my friends who is a short lady but oh my gyod, she will like two feet in front of me and stare up at me so OK maybe I understand your feelings.

Just for fun, sometimes i go up to short friends and say, “hey look, I can see the top of your head from here” :D

posted over 1 year ago

jenniferhera
New_user jenniferhera is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jenniferhera reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jenniferhera

If you love wearing heals, go for it! Flaunt those long legs :)

posted over 1 year ago

KoohBuh
Style_council
KoohBuh

I feel like anyone can pull off any look with CONFIDENCE, that is the best thing anyone can wear.

posted over 1 year ago

KoohBuh
Style_council
KoohBuh

I feel like anyone can pull off any look with CONFIDENCE, that is the best thing anyone can wear.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION