Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Laydi_Tomoe
Style_council
Laydi_Tomoe

I’m in a debate right now. I’ll be going to a sort of semi-formal congress and I just noticed all my flats and ballerinas are in a poor state, or are of a hardly-to-combine color. I wanted some neutral color, something I could use with everything I’m going to use there. Problem is, I’m pretty much broke right now, so I was looking for options. I have this amazing thong-boot-thingies in a nude color (something like this ones: http://www.overuboots.com/.a/6a011570ba898c970c01348628d57f970c-800wi) but I don’t know if they’ll go good with a pair of skinny tailored black pants, and if combined with a floral short skirt would look too informal. HEEELPPPP!!!!

posted about 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

if the event is semi-formal, I would stick to closed-toed or peep-toed shoes. if any of your roommates/friends are your same shoe size, ask to borrow a pair of flats.

if yo don’t have access to other shoes, I would at least wear the black pants. I think the short floral-print skirt + those shoes would look too informal. for business casual, it’s always better to look too formal rather than too casual.

posted about 2 years ago

Laydi_Tomoe
Style_council
Laydi_Tomoe

Thank you guys SO much. I look up for some options, or in case, I’ll use a blazer on top to make it more formal-like.

posted about 2 years ago

KoohBuh
Style_council
KoohBuh

hmm….This is a cute shoe! Maybe a dark navy blue baggy trouser pant, like this…(but ofc, darker blue http://file.stylenanda.com/web/product/small/stylenanda_109561.gif )
you could wear a similar shade to the color of your shoes. (navy blue and vanilla cream are amazing shade mixes)

posted about 2 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Yeah I think those are not good for a formal event. Try to buff up you old flats with some shoe polish, or ask your friends to borrow something!

posted about 2 years ago

nazlay
Style_council
nazlay

Yes they’ll look good with either

posted about 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I think for a semi-formal event, those sandals are okay. However, with a floral skirt and sandals, it might be too casual. Anyways, adding a blazer is always a great option.

posted about 2 years ago

Laydi_Tomoe
Style_council
Laydi_Tomoe

Thanks to all of you for answering me! So, in the end, I did used the sandals, and I was really glad I did. It was way too hot were I went to use normal shoes. I’d love to post some pictures, but sadly I have none in which my beatiful sandals are shown. I guess I’ll use the looks again some time and take pictures of them… Whenever it gets warmer enough.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION