Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
shinebbyshine
Style_council
shinebbyshine

I used to have regular side-swept bangs because I knew my face shape was heart, but I’m thinking I’m gonna get a fringe this time because it flatters the round face and my face is round when I smile. So when I had those bangs from before, it would look like I had a huge head smiling in pictures. I read somewhere that a long sweepy fringe works well for the round face, but I’m being scared it’s going to look weird when I’m not smiling this time. Every site I read that has to do with face shapes and styles that flatter are always so meticulous about what kind of fringe the heart-shape gets. They say things like “make sure it balances out the chin” and I’m not exactly sure how to do that? I’m just so confused.

posted about 5 years ago
Samanthalove1984
Style_council
Samanthalove...

I also have a heart shaped face. It basically means that you’re more full on the top of your face and thinner on the chin area. Side bangs or a fringe will take some width from your forehead and make it look slimmer. You just dont want a dramatic side part because it could make you look less proportioned on your forehead. Mine are slightly parted to the side.

You can also contour your face with makeup for pictures. Check out youtube for some contouring tutorials. For a heart shaped face you just need to contour ythe side of your forehead and highlight the center making it appear slimmer.

Embrace your heart shaped face though!
Hope this helps!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION