Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
KLVG
Style_council
KLVG

I’ve got a question for all you inspirational, fabulous bloggers out there: how do I innovate with a small wardrobe? I wore a dress as a skirt today, felt pretty bold, but my wardrobe is mostly made up of day dresses, a few cardigans, one pair of jeans, and about 50 scarves. Also, colorful tights. I still feel my outfits are bland.

Basically, how do you revamp a wardrobe or make it feel fresh without a whole lot of money?
Thank you dearly!
KLVG

posted almost 5 years ago
Ecclecsis
Style_council
Ecclecsis

Thrifting! It’s surprising what you can find if your patient, and usually pretty cheap. I’d also recommend figuring out which dresses you could fold or pin up to wear as tops, or under skirts so that they look like shirts tucked in. Also it probably goes without saying that accessories can change any outfit. Oh and I like to exchange clothes with friends. Weeklong wardrobe swaps are great when you’re bored with your own stuff.

marisa03
Style_council
marisa03

accessorizing your outfits differently each time you wear them is a cheap way to help create variety in your wardrobe.

fashionequalsLOVE
Style_council
fashionequal...

accessories make a big difference when styling an outfit. Scarves are a good thing, a simple dull outfit can be changed with a different color scarf. Having a small wardrobe is not a bad thing its just about accessorizing accessorizing!

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

experiment experiment EXPERIMENT!!!
play dress up! reconstruct clothes and what not!

Jan9th
Style_council
Jan9th

Accessorize, layer, thrift, look for sales, invest in basics.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Thrift :) I also suggest buying a versatile black jacket, coat or blazer that you can wear over everything! I also stock up on cardigans in different colours, and you can get them pretty cheap. Mix and match the jacket/cardis with the dresses you have, and wear different patterned or coloured tights with the outfit. Accessories can really change an outfit and I think stockings and scarves are a great way to mix things up. I wish I had 50 scarves!

Kristen_Bee
Style_council
Kristen_Bee

Like everyone’s been saying thrift stores are the best place to hit up! I’ve gotten a lot of my stuff there, or if you like to hit stores like wetseal, f21 places like that go when they have sales. Wetseal always has buy one get one for a penny.
Also try using your scarves as a skirt, if they are big enough. I always turn dresses into skirts!! Looks cute!
You can also put on a dress and then tie it will a scarf, play around with things you got.

kbbtrfly22
Style_council
kbbtrfly22

thift, and learn to shop your closet. you can still love fabulous with a small wardrobe. mix and match, and accessorize. wearing that dress as a skirt is an swesome idea. I did that a couple times and it always works out just fine.

reklawysdnil
Style_council
reklawysdnil

Depends on the scarf, but they can be tied at the shoulder or attached to a necklace to make cute tops for going out.

posted over 3 years ago

sundaycrossbow
Style_council
sundaycrossbow

thrifting and accessories. Think statement necklaces, brooches, bangles, and great a blazer (which I always find thrifitng!)

posted over 3 years ago

raz_m
New_user raz_m is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When raz_m reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
raz_m

When you have staple items in your closet accessorizing is all you need to spice up an outfit.

posted over 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I feel the same about my wardrobe. I have a habit of buying whats in style instead of what I like. My new favorite thing is thrifting or I will go on here to get some inspiration for outfits and just my interpreted look.

posted over 3 years ago

thegreatbernsby
Style_council
thegreatbernsby

These are all good points! I invest in good basics that I can wear every season and then look for small statement pieces to spice it up. That way, I’m only buying a few new things here and there. Clothign swaps with friends are also essential!

Another important elements is… SHOES! Just swapping out your shoes can give the same outfit a totally different feel. The same dress with sandals, heels, or boots all give very different outcomes!

posted over 3 years ago

Curvy_Chic_Confident
Style_council
Curvy_Chic_C...

I Would say thrift a few more basic pieces (i.e Black and Gray pencil skirt, White button up, Camis in neutral and bright tones…etc) and add Bright and colorful accessories! And like THEGREATBERNSBY said..SHOES!!!

Good Luck!!! If you can post some of your new creations!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION