Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Kellz
Style_council
Kellz

So.. I live in Canada.. east coast. And basically it is winter for about half of the year. I need some ideas for outfits for our winter (which involves LOTS of snow, ice, sometimes rain, slush, lots of wind and very cold temperatures until about.. May.)

So.. I live in Canada.. east coast. And basically it is winter for about half of the year. I need some ideas for outfits for our winter (which involves LOTS of snow, ice, sometimes rain, slush, lots of wind and very cold temperatures until about.. May.)So layering a few sweaters and a cute pair of boots usually can’t work when even walking from my car into the mall is enough to soak through my suede boots.

So.. I live in Canada.. east coast. And basically it is winter for about half of the year. I need some ideas for outfits for our winter (which involves LOTS of snow, ice, sometimes rain, slush, lots of wind and very cold temperatures until about.. May.)So layering a few sweaters and a cute pair of boots usually can’t work when even walking from my car into the mall is enough to soak through my suede boots.Any suggestions!? Pictures would be great. Also.. keeping in mind that I live on an island in the Atlantic haha.. so no American Apparel, no Zara, no Forever 21, no H&M… the best I have here is dynamite and le chateau.

posted over 6 years ago
heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

American Apparel and Forever21 have Canadian websites that ship within Canada – or do they not deliver to the island?

I live in Canada too, and I notice in the winter that most peoples style really goes out the window – puffy coats, moon boots, toques, etc. Suede boots aren’t really practical for wet weather – you may need to invest some money into a weatherproofed leather pair. Tall boots are great because the road salt doesn’t get all over your jeans or tights, and you can just wipe it off. Wool coats are warm and look more stylish than a puffy nylon one, but they soak through easily and smell like a wet dog! A lot of girls on here wore capes this winter – they are practical because if it is snowing or raining, you can even throw one on over your leather jacket so that the moisture doesn’t ruin it. Leather gloves are good too – they are just as warm as wool mittens but look much more stylish.

posted over 6 years ago

Kellz
Style_council
Kellz

They do deliver, I have ordered things from Forever 21 but the price of a $30 dress on the AA website comes to $50 to get it shipped here.. which isnt cool for a poor student haha.

Thanks for the other ideas though! Do you have an examples of the capes? Where in Canada do you live?

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION