Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LisaSauce
Style_council
LisaSauce

Hey everyone, I was hoping to get some advice regarding an outfit to wear to a wedding that I’ll be attending in January. This is going to be kind of a long explanation, so please bear with me! :)

Ok, first of all, the wedding is going to be in January, in New York, in a town right on Lake Ontario. Basically, it’s going to be freezing. I already have a dress picked out that I would like to wear but I’m not quite sure about accessories. [This] is the dress. I’ve never really gone by the whole “certain colors in certain seasons” thing. All I know is, I love teal and I love the silhouette of this dress, haha. The wedding is starting at 2pm, so I don’t think it’s going to be particularly formal. One more condition: I’m not really a high heel person, so I would prefer to wear flat shoes/boots.

So, all of these things considered, I’d love it if you guys could help me put together an outfit for this wedding. Accessories, jacket/cardigan, tights/leggings, and even hairstyle (my hair is super thick and down to the small of my back, if that helps). Thanks so much for your time, everyone! :)

posted over 2 years ago
priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

First of all, that dress is beautiful!
With that said, I think you should wear thick gray tights. I think you should go with rustic jewelry. and either a gray or navy blue coat. You could go with a simple clutch and your shoes could be gray like the tights or the color of the top of your dress. I hope that helps in some way

posted over 2 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

def agree with the person above me with grey tights !

if you don;t like heels some flats like this [flats]
but i think a wedge will solve your problem…

add a fur vest !!! for example
[vest]=

you may want to layer under the dress..for instance a lace or ciffon top wit a collar
[lace]=
or

[chiffon]=

BUT in more of a creme or greyish color…

add jewelry:
[necklace]=

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

The dress is amazing!

posted about 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Love the dress! And am I seeing the price right…?

You could go for a vintage look with this dress, like Zooey Deschanel style, with a pair of red kitten heels and a pale lavender cardigan. And I’m picturing some jewelry with flowers in it, like a floral necklace, and a pearl embellished clutch to finish the outfit. Hope this helps!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION