Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SarTA
Style_council
SarTA

I really love the way dr martins look on some people, but I have noticed that usually only people with very skinny legs wear them. Can a person with curvy legs wear them and still look good? or will they just look butch?

posted over 5 years ago
foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

yeah i’ve got some qualms about wearing them, too – i do feel like they bulk up my legs a bit too much. i suppose with just the right outfit, it might work though.

posted over 5 years ago

fashionutopia
Style_council
fashionutopia

uhmm, i may sound silly, but may i know what Dr martin is? :)

posted over 5 years ago

lovelydress
Style_council
lovelydress

Dr Martens is a very famous brand of boots. Usually, in Spain (i think it´s the same in the rest of the world) only skinheads, heavys, rocker and “alternative” people wore them. (my sis has two pairs she used to wear when she was 16 about 10 years ago )
Now they became a must-have and a lot of people try to wear this.
I´m sure you see that boots before, only you maybe never heard the name. “http://www.drmartens.com/”;
And… I think you can afford wearing that boots if you choose a proper outfit and if your feet are small… I find it very outrageous but if you love them just go to the shop with skinny trousers and a rock look and try them on :) And of course, when you do it, post the pics on your blog!

posted over 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

haha. i remember when i used to wear docs when i was a wee little one. and i still do. i think it looks great if you pair it with the right things, e.g. black skinnies tucked in, trouser pants, etc. my calves are pretty muscular also but i’ve small feet… i do remember my friend wearing them and she has pretty big feet and they looked a bit clunky. but i believe that you can style it to make it look fine. (:

posted over 5 years ago

SingForAbsolution
Style_council
SingForAbsol...

I feel like they my legs look skinny. My boyfriend says the same thing.
I just need to find a look that works with them, I have the floral ones. For now I’ve been doing black only because I don’t want to distract from them. eh

posted over 5 years ago

shuawp
Style_council
shuawp

I have two pairs from long ago.
It’s true that they were quite popular here in spain about 10 years ago and everybody had at least a pair of them (not just punks or rockers) so I’m thinking about save them from became old in a drawer but I’m not sure beacause of what you said: my dammed curvy legs…
anyway, you should try them.

posted over 5 years ago

jasmin5327
Style_council
jasmin5327

when I saw this topic…I immediately thought: “skinny long legs”

posted over 5 years ago

velvethursday
Style_council
velvethursday

yeah i think it depends on the style of them that you get. there’s one style that hits mid-calf that an old room mate of mine had and they totally chubbed out her athletic legs. kind of a bummer- but super cute shoes.

i think anyone can wear them though provided you have the attitude and the right ensemble.

posted over 5 years ago

iamsabs
Style_council
iamsabs

I love wearing my Doc Marten boots with dresses to girly them up a bit because I will admit, I did feel sorta butch for wearing them at first. Especially when I got awkward stares from people who didn’t understand the classic of Doc Martens and assumed I was wearing some kind of goth combat boot. Hah.

But I do think people with smaller feet look better with Docs. My friend had once tried on the yellow patent ones and she felt as if she were wearing school buses on her feet. I’m a size six and they look okay, but mine are also plain black. If you have bigger feet, try not to opt for a bright color.

And like everyone else says: skinny jeans, or like me, I do it with tights. Nothing bulky on your legs. That’s too butch. Let the Docs be the only bulk on your legs. And I don’t think it should matter whether you have skinny or chubby legs. They should look AWESOME either way!

posted over 5 years ago

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

I love Docs! I think they look good on most leg shapes, but it’s best to stick to skinny jeans or tights so you don’t add even more bulk. I’ve got white ones, and they’re absolutely fabulous with pretty much everything.

posted over 5 years ago

Dark_Romantic
Style_council
Dark_Romantic

Hi girls!

Ok, so Skinny jeans for girls, but what about guys? I usually wear my black doc martens with tailored straight jeans, but they look a bit weird hidden away, so I turn the jeans up a bit to see some boot. But as a man, can I get away with wearing them over skinny jeans?

posted about 5 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I haven’t worn Doc’s since I was in elementary school…wow, that’s so long ago! I’m definitely not edgy enough to wear them now.

How do you guys feel about them on shorter girls? I’m 5’3" and I think they would just make me look stumpy.

posted about 5 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

I think you can, just try

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

I love them and I think they work well with tights or skinny jeans

posted about 2 years ago

Sakhi
Style_council
Sakhi

I have size 4 feet but still feel that they make me look like I have clown feet.

However I totally love docs on other people. And I’ve yet to see anyone look bad in them. I don’t think you have to be tall and skinny, I have a friend who is slightly chubby and she looks great in them.

posted about 2 years ago

jrix08
New_user jrix08 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jrix08 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jrix08

Wear them with tights/leggings and you can’t go wrong!! Guys will compliment you all day long, no matter how big/small you are

posted about 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I LOOOVE them. And I have bigger legs. I most certainly will wear them again.
I am dying for a pair. Havent had a pair since the 90s

posted about 2 years ago

theblackmedea
New_user theblackmedea is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When theblackmedea reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
theblackmedea

I am always fluctuating with my weight but I do find docs and like boots with 8 up holes can make my calves look quite big. When I’m on the heavier side I don’t wear those boots with skinnies as my hips are quite curvy and the shoes are still not big/bulky enough to give me a nice shape.
So I always team them up with skirts/blazers/coats and dresses and a rad pair of tights!
It’s a classic rock chick look and never fails.

posted about 2 years ago

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

Skinheads.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION