Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LadyGenGen
Style_council
LadyGenGen

I absolutely adore the mustard yellow shade. I love how it’s not too bright/in-your-face nor too dark. It’s more of a muted kind of yellow?
Anyway, I recently bought a pair of mustard yellow tights. My mom saw the tights and commented they make my skin look jaundiced…ugh, I just ignored her.

I’m thinking of wearing a knee-length navy blue skirt with it.

Please give suggestions on other outfit/styling ideas

Thanks in advance <3

posted about 3 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Mustard tights look great! I think they look good with blocks of colour like red, navy blu, dark purple, burgundy, brown. a black skirt and a white blouse would be a fail safe combo! a striped shirt or a polka dot skirt would look really cute too (not at the same time). or even with a floral dress and a denim vest/jacket.
Here are a few examples: http://www.weardrobe.com/items/21574-mustard-tights
http://www.weardrobe.com/items/82603-h-m-mustard-tights
http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/347762-side+of+mustard-blue-vintage-blazer-blue-le-tirge-shirt-black-vintage-skirt-yellow-tights-
Hope that helps!

posted about 3 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

a teal or forest green skirt. it is hard to wear on asian skin – i know, i’ve tried. tone it down with brown shoes too

posted about 3 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

I love mustard color as well. I think knee length navy blue skirt would go, maybe pair it with a black and white polka dot top? Mustard yellow tights can also go with colored heels, pink, brown, even dark gray. Color blocking is a big trend so this will be a fun outfit challenge.

posted about 3 years ago

StyleDelights
Style_council
StyleDelights

It would look great with dark brown knee skirt, even brown/navy/charcoal shorts with booties! Keep the top neutral…

posted about 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Bold colours look great with mustard. Blue, red, yellow, black all look great with mustard.
Broken down colours can go with mustard as well, but when you think about it, mustard is a broken colour itself. Takes a lot more effort to combine shades together than to use blocks of colour. All in all this approach would look more hippyish to me(yay for making up words!)
Patterns is something I would really like to see with mustard, like a pattern top or smth.

posted about 3 years ago

OnTheGanges
Style_council
OnTheGanges

I think dark muted colours work best. The first time I ever saw mustard tights, a girl on Lookbook was wearing them with black and charcoal grey, and it looked amazing. (If my memory is correct, I think she accented the tights with a brightly coloured scarf that had yellows with the same tone as her tights, to break up all the dark colours.)

posted about 3 years ago

snortingchuckie
Style_council
snortingchuckie

I’ve seen some really cool pairings of mustard yellow and dark grey lately, but I’m a huge fan of dark, saturated colors with it too. I would probably do a brown shoe.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION