Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fruti
Style_council
fruti

Okay so I’m going to be a sophomore and my sister said I look like an old lady with these glasses.
http://www.coolframes.com/?fid=34411
I don’t know how to make it work with an outfit. Should i just wear it casually or have to dress up whenever i wear them? What works with it?

posted over 3 years ago
irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

I think they would work with anything because they are a pretty neutral color/pattern and shape.

They would work especially well with the 50s trend because of their slightly old-fashioned feel. :)

posted over 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I agree, they are a neutral colour and would go with lots of things. To me they have a vintage feel so maybe wear them with vintage inspired outfits, or outfits that are more casual than dressy.

posted over 3 years ago

IndigoWhisper
Style_council
IndigoWhisper

the glasses are gorgeous, and you could definitely pull it off! I agree with the girls, since the colors are neutral, you can wear them with just about anything. I would put my hair in a high bun, put on a cardigan and a long button up shirt, put on a cute waits belt (sldo neutral color), some skinny jeans, and oxfords or doc martens or converse shoes! And you’re good to go! Good luck! I’m a sophomore too;)

posted over 3 years ago

anikakhan
Style_council
anikakhan

Try to dress vintage. These would probably not look good with graphic t-shirts.

posted over 3 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

super cute frames! Yep I agree with everyone, they will fit with mostly anything.

posted over 3 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I like them! They really fall into the librarian or secretary looks, but who wants to fall into a category? I think they’ll go well with most things, even really basic looks because they give the little kick of eccentricity.

posted over 3 years ago

fruti
Style_council
fruti

I love the ideas you guys gave in! Thanks! I’m going to get my glasses tomorrow so I guess I’ll have an outfit to match. :)

posted over 3 years ago

Bombonica
Style_council
Bombonica

you must show us the final result

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Well those can be dressed up or down. I think they give out more of a casual feel though with the material, although the print is at the same time retro and very in style.

Definitely retro.

posted over 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

You dont look like an old lady with these !!

Try the nerd chic look, or even the sexy librarian look !

posted over 3 years ago

PontieriaNicole
Style_council
PontieriaNicole

Ditto: yes u can definitely rock those glasses, there retro but have this modern classic “mad men” feel to it. Take a page from Prada’s fall 2010 collection, which rocked the nerd chic look to a tee, check it out here

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION