Twitter
Googleplus
toria1024
New_user toria1024 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When toria1024 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
toria1024

Hi, I bought this dress ( Picture ) to wear to a work christmas party. The pic shows strappy shoes, but do you think that pumps would be OK?. Maybe even a kitten heel. Nothing higher than 1 inch.

Also, My arms have stretch marks due to weight loss, so I was thinking of getting a cover. My friend suggested a bolero. I’m not really a fan of the bolero cuts b/c it just falls to the side of my chest, but I am willing to try it. Do you think one would look good with my dress? Also what material? Should I go for another color.

Thanks in advance. I am no fashion maven

posted about 2 years ago
Cassaela
Style_council
Cassaela

Pumps will be fine. It’d be cool if they were an interesting colour, like red or purple or bright blue or orange or something.
For covering arms, also look at shrugs and wraps, even wide scarves and more formal-looking cardigans. Match the colour with the shoes, or go with black.

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I’m like you; not a fan of boleros but need something to cover my arms! Have you tried a brightly colored cardigan or a blazer?

Of course kitten heels would go perfectly! You could wear almost any shoe with this dress!

posted about 2 years ago

toria1024
New_user toria1024 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When toria1024 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
toria1024

Thanks a lot for your advice. I think I am going to find a funky color show rather than the black I was going to wear. I’m also going to start looking for a cardigan. I love ’em! I had a Gap one in mind, not thinking that there are dressier options. Thanks again!!

posted almost 2 years ago

Ayesharonaify
Style_council
Ayesharonaify

Oh no the black color is perfect, I love the dress btw :) You could totally wear pumps, I personally this they would look better. To cover your arms u can always go with a blazer. Blazers are so in right now so it would look perfect. Go for a bright color blazer though (red, green, gold, blue) it’ll make you stick out and color is always good.

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

You should totally go with pumps, also you could wear a blazer.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION