Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
easypeasy86
Style_council
easypeasy86

First, I should tell you guys a little about the wedding. We are going for a simple ‘’vintage farmhouse’’ style..and it’s being held in a historic building during the evening.

Now about my dress, I actually bough it from the Jessica McClintock store…it’s an all lace halter gown in ALL ivory. (On the site it is depicted with a black lace bodice.)

Now my point is, even though I am in love with this dress…because it has the romantic feel like I wanted…but I also was really hoping to show off my style by doing lots of fun accessories. I am hoping that by choosing lace I have not made to many sacrifices. I pretty much always use silver jewelery because gold does not compliment my skin tone…but I don’t know if this is appropriate for an ivory lace? Also, how much jewelry…what type on necklace with a halter if I want one? Could I wear a long strand of pearls, the kind you double up?

And then as far as a veil goes, I MUST HAVE A BIRDCAGE veil. I also ordered this origami-ish ivory fabric flower that looks beautiful with it…but I also really wanted to wear some kind of feather fasinator as well. (Maybe one for the ceremony and one for the reception?) This is because I am making all my girls one to wear in their hair.

IS this all too much? ALL suggestions WELCOME! : ) Thanks!!!

posted over 5 years ago
SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

I’d pair it with an antique inspired choker and maybe a matching bracelet.

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I feel like less would totally be more. Simple and clean, without too much complicated jewelry. The dress is really going to be the visual wow. I think you should keep the fascinator and veil separate. That’s just a lot of attention to the top of your head, when you really want people to be focusing on how god damned pretty you are and how freaking happy you feel. ;)

posted over 5 years ago

Elle_D
Style_council
Elle_D

You really should go with gold when wearing and ivory dress. Also, since it is a halter top, I would suggest going with an earring and a large bracelet or cuff. What I would do is find a big vintage looking gold bracelet with pearls and pair it with some vintage post earrings.

I would be careful about doing TOOO much, the bird cage veil and flower sound BEAUTIFUL and will definitely make a statement. If you add the feather also then there is really a lot going on, added with the lace too its just a lot. You don’t want to look back on your pictures and wish you hadn’t worn EVERYTHING. So I suggest you pick some KEY pieces you really want… but I wouldn’t do the wrapped pearls, that has been way overdone.

Good Luck!

posted over 5 years ago

StaceySutherland
Style_council
StaceySuther...

I realize this posting is a year old but from your description I am having a very similar wedding! I was wondering if you have any photos you could send me a link to so I can see what you ended up wearing for your big day?

My wedding will also be farm-vintage, its actually a barn-museum, plus I am wearing a lace wedding dress and I want a birdcage veil as well. I would appreciate photos for inspiration!

Thanks!

posted almost 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION