Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

Hey everybody! I’m really enjoying Chictopia! It’s been really fun to meet fashionable new people! Now that that’s out of the way I have a question. I have a lot of clothes that I really like but not allowed to wear to school. I go to cosmetology school and we have a strict dress code.

Examples:
1. We are not allowed to wear jeans, even if they are another color other than blue, that includes black jeans.
2. All dresses, skirts, and shorts need to be 3 inches past our fingertips.
3. And we cannot wear anything sleeveless that would show our armpit.

I’m starting to get really frustrated with what I own because I feel like I have to wear the same outfits over and over just so I follow dress code. I’m totally freaked out about getting sent home that I bring a tape measure with me to make sure that my hemlines are 3 inches past my fingertips!

Does anyone have any suggestions of things I could do or buy to give me more variety? I’m 5’4" and don’t think long skirts or dresses look good on me. I think they make me look shorter. I’m just tired of wearing black pants all the time! I really love skirts and dresses and want to wear the ones I own, but how can I lengthen them in some way? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

posted over 5 years ago
mayfaircalling
Style_council
mayfaircalling

Are you allowed to wear shorter hemlines if you have opaque leggings underneath?

posted over 5 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

the two skirts is a good idea. i was wearing a lace slip underneath my dresses but it’s too big so i need to get another one. and mayfaircalling—unfortunately no. even if we wear leggings or tights, the hemlines still need to be 3 inches longer. sigh.

posted over 5 years ago

thislilpiggyflew
Style_council
thislilpiggy...

wow. I would break those dress codes everyday. Maybe yiou can think about a school uniform as a jumping off point. Bowtie blouses, cardigans, and pleated skirts?

posted over 5 years ago

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

yeaah I live in England so all schools have uniform, and this means a polo shirt and black trousers haha
I would subtly break the rules! accessorize!!

posted over 5 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

one of my new year’s resolutions is to buy more accessories this year and incorporate them. i never wear earrings, bracelets, or rings too much. and i think wearing them will make my boring outfits more spicy! haha. thank you all for your input!

posted over 5 years ago

woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

How about shoes?
Wear fierce shoes!

During my middle school years, I was in Korea. I had to wear uniform, have black hair, absolutely no accessories, and short bob hair…. but I managed to alter my skirt and vest in certain ways..ahaha
i used to get into soo much trouble.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION