SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Krosenzweig
Style_council
Krosenzweig

Hey,
i’m going to Paris on Friday and i just don’t know what to pack. i’m planning to bring just a pea coat and light coat scarves cardigans and coats. shoes i think converse oxfords booties and boots and flats. I just dont know what to wear on the plane, maybe jeggings, or around the city. the weather is supposed to be cloudy and sunnny in the high 40’s to low 60’s all week.

please help me out
thanks!

posted over 4 years ago
ljurbanchic
Style_council
ljurbanchic

for around the city; maybe try something a bit parisan chic, but still comfy; like a black and white stripped top, dark blue skinny jeans, and black flats or a bright pair of oxfords to throw in some color. And dont forget to pack a cute purse that you can throw over ur shoulder for all the shopping i’ll bet you’ll be doing. ;) have fun in Paris!

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

It sounds to me like you’re on the right track!

On an international flight I dress for comfort, no questions asked: leggings (or jeggings), a long top, and a cardigan or something since planes are usually quite cold. Don’t wear heels, there’s just no need— especially if you are ever going to be dragging or carrying your own luggage.

As for sightseeing, my general travel rules are to keep things comfortable, anonymous, and fairly low-key, but not sloppy. Chances are you will do a lot of walking, so stick to flats/flat-bottomed boots or a low, comfortable heel. Avoid clothing that advertises your foreignness, like shirts with English slogans or place names. I would also avoid clothing that is too attention-grabbing, like tons of accessories or high-end logos, because these suggest wealth and you will make yourself a target for pickpockets.

Luckily, you can still look very chic while staying comfortable and safe. ljurbanchic makes some great suggestions: dark skinny jeans, flats, and shirts and cardigans in solid colors or simple prints like stripes is a great go-to look. (And it’s pretty much what the young girls in Paris were wearing, too, when I was there last summer!). Add interest with pops of color and scarves, rather than “shiny” accessories. Since the weather will be chilly, layers (and your coat) are your friend.

Have fun!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION