Twitter
Googleplus
mmk1891
New_user mmk1891 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When mmk1891 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
mmk1891

Hello!
I’ve always struggled trying to marry fashion rules for tall girls with large breasts. I am 5’11 and a size 6—I like to wear slimming things and I love high waisted ANYTHING. Whenever I do wear high waisted things, it really draws attention to my breasts (34 DD). What would you recommend in terms of downplaying my chest size but emphasizing my height?
Thanks!

posted over 3 years ago
Fashionlass
Style_council
Fashionlass

Hi,
I’m not nearly as tall as you, but I too have a large chest. So, for me, my main thing is that I’m short with boulders! Being taller would be great. :)
So, to tackle this:
First thing is to make sure you’re wearing the proper bra. Go to a real, specialty bra boutique to get fitted (NOT LaSenza or Victoria’s Secret), because what you’re wearing underneath makes SO much difference. I did a while back, and it turns out I was about 3 cups bigger than I thought I was.
Like I said, the bra is so important that that’s where I’d start, but it is hard to give you advice without knowing you and seeing exactly where your proportions are, but I’ll give it a shot.
In the summer it’s much harder because of the lack of structured clothing you can wear, but it terms of high-waisted, I’d steer clear of any skirt that has a tight waistband and is short, as that will for sure draw attention to your bust. A tube skirt, in terms of shorter skirts, would probably be best, especially when paired with a looser top (think Alexander Wang).
A high-waisted pair of shorts, or a maxi-skirt with a higher rise, would both be excellent as well. Again, steer clear of tight shirts if you want to conceal a larger chest. Loose fabrics with good cuts are key.
In the fall a great deconstructed tee is your best friend. Pair a longer one with leggings and ankle boots, artfully tuck one into pants…. The key is a blazer, a leather jacket…. They will be your best friend.
Also, try a cozy chunky knit for winter, but pair it with leather leggings or a shorter skirt and ankle boots to avoid looking sack-ish.
The main thing with dressing with a bigger chest is everything I said above (and more, of course), but ALSO, to try to use pieces of interest that will draw attention for the chestal region.
I really hope this helps!
You can check out my outfit posts if you like to see how I cope.
I doubt you’d be able to guess what cup I am. ;)

posted over 3 years ago

mmk1891
New_user mmk1891 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When mmk1891 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
mmk1891

Thank you so much this is just what I was looking for!! Boob buddies!

posted over 3 years ago

Fashionlass
Style_council
Fashionlass

No problem!
So glad I could be of help. It can be a hard thing to get around. :)

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION