Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
eucalya
Style_council
eucalya

Hi Chictopians! Last year I bought a knee length dress (link here) but never wore it because i don’t really like its length. I dont want to throw it away so i’d like to do something with it! Do you have ideas of DIY (mine is not blue but cream)??

posted over 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

You can always take an inch or two off! I’m horrible at sewing, though, so this is never an option for me, LOL. If you’re the same way, you might see if any friends or family members would do it for you.

posted over 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I agree with catiebeatty, it’s relatively easy to hem it up. Just see youtube for tutorials, or ask someone how. You could also separate the top part from the skirt part and wear them separately.

posted over 2 years ago

lkb
Style_council
lkb

hemming that type of material isn’t the easiest. you could just hack it off and leave the hem unfinished and style it in a casual way (looks like it would normally be a pretty formal dress). or try playing around with some safety pins. pin the hem of the front underneath and you could try out a high-low hem (the pin probably wouldn’t even show since its double layered!)

http://www.the-launderette.com

posted over 2 years ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

I don’t know a thing about sewing but maybe you could do this? http://apair-andaspare.blogspot.in/2011/07/diy-lbd-3-wrap-mini-dress.html

posted over 2 years ago

HARTX3
New_user HARTX3 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When HARTX3 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
HARTX3

I would try wearing a shirt over it to make it appear as a skirt instead of dress. Depending on the style of shirt, try adding a belt for some flare. I dunno, thats just me tho lol i like to experiment, never know until you try it. Good luck, it’s a lovely dress.

posted over 2 years ago

ManuelaYush
Style_council
ManuelaYush

I really like this dress, the transparent hem looks sensual but lady like and the length should be fine as long as in falling on your knees, if its goes on the larger portion of your lower leg then it might not look too flattering. I would wear it with some killer skinny platforms heels to break up the all goody girl look.

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

accesorize!i think with a nice hat, cute belt and the right shoes it could be show stopping!if not, maybe you could try fabric dying if its the color that throws you off

posted over 2 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

i always wear them with hells, that way i look taller, accesorize them with statement necklaces n cuffs

posted over 2 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

and in gallery u can search for knee length dress and it look up for u a bunch to give u ideas

posted over 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

Just hem it an inch shorter or make it into a fish tail dress. I love the chiffon style and layer a shirt always makes it look like a skirt.

posted over 2 years ago

scentsofsummer
New_user scentsofsummer is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When scentsofsummer reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
scentsofsummer

Taking some length off could be an idea, before you do so just google Alexa Chung who wears a lot of these length dresses! Midi and knee length dresses are becoming really hot! I love the way Aimee styled up her midi skirt here, although your dress is a little shorter you can try to play with different lengths! So a crop top with a belt in your waist, and high heels!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION