Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Sarah5cent
Style_council
Sarah5cent

I really want to buy some jackets for back-to-school shopping that can go with some basic t-shirts and tank-tops. I was thinking about buying a black leather jacket or a jean jacket but according to my friend I look really stupid in them. I don’t want to buy one of those typical American Apparel jackets either. So what kind of jacket can I wear? :[

posted almost 5 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Ouch, that’s not very nice of them :( But don’t worry, I deal with the same issues… being asked why the hell I’m wearing a leather jacket or why I’m wearing a suit jacket (blazer).

I personally think you could wear a denim jacket very well! And there seems to be a ton out there at the moment – even thrift stores are loaded.

If you feel good in it, wear it, despite what people say. It’s not worth it to spend time worrying about what other people think about the way you dress, even if they are your friends.

Sarah5cent
Style_council
Sarah5cent

thank you :] i was trying on a leather jacket the other day and my friend was like “don’t buy that it looks terrible on you” but I actually thought it looked pretty ok. So I’ll probably go and buy it next time I go to the mall :]

rossadonna
Style_council
rossadonna

I want a black leather jacket too, and my friend told me I’d look like a poser. Maybe she’s right, but I think I’m gonna get one anyway.

Therefore, I think you should go back and get it too ;)

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

That’s the spirit! :D

heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

Teenagers can be so horrible! Chances are your friends were either jealous you looked good and didn’t want you to outshine them, or they just want to go back and buy the stuff you like for themselves because they aren’t good at picking out clothes. There are thousands of styles of leather jackets, so there’s no way that leather jackets in general look “stupid” on you. As for a denim jacket – they look good on everyone. That’s why they’ve been in style for decades. Don’t listen to your friends, listen to Chictopia!

And rossadonna: How does wearing a leather jacket make you a “poser”? What are you “posing” as, a stylish person?

lexi951
Style_council
lexi951

Being a teenager myself I have to tell you if your friend says “you look stupid in that” it most likely means please don’t get that you’ll look hotter than me. It’s horrible but so true. And wear what makes you happy no matter how crazy or stupid or any other mean thing people say to you because you wear it.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION