Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

Since it’s summer many of us will be going to amusement parks and water parks, so I was wondering what you usually wear. Do you forget about style when you go since you’ll be getting sweaty and possibly wet if you go on water rides? Do you wear flip flops or sneakers? Dresses or shorts?

I didn’t go to any amusment parks last summer, but two years ago I went and I think I wore shorts, a tank top, and flip flops. I usually like to wear sneakers because sometimes I’m not comfortable walking all day in flip flops, but I don’t like when my socks get wet if I go on any water rides.

What do you usually wear?

posted almost 4 years ago
Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I usually wear light dresses because when you go on water rides they dry faster. If you wear any kind of shorts on a water ride they stick to you funny for the rest of the day. lol and if you wear anything made of denim it’s just too hot and awful. I wear sneakers, though, instead of cute flats because of all the walking. So I’d suggest a comfy sundress, maybe with sleeves if it’s not too hot, lots of sunscreen and keds or converse. sunglasses too!

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

i agree on definitely wearing sneakers, and they won’t fall off if you go on a rollercoaster where your feet are dangling.
i wear converse, which are canvas so they dry fairly quickly especially on the really hot days since there isn’t much else to them. wear thin socks!

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I find that gladiator sandals are the best choice of footwear for a theme park as when they get wet they dry out a lot quicker than regular flats and sneakers and there’s little chance of them falling off when you go on rides where your feet are dangling.
Clothing wise I usually go with a nice t-shirt or tank and shorts. Skirts and dresses are too risky in terms of being blown upwards by the wind and revealing your underwear when you’re on rides.

vendange
Style_council
vendange

sneaakers!!!! and pants or longer shorts. Other peoples butts and thighs were sitting on those rides, plus its sticky when its hot out

chirpybeaks
Style_council
chirpybeaks

Well, I guess if you absolutely must look good, you could throw on some sturdy, not-too-high wedges, and some fancy shorts, of course. Flowy, light tops would make you feel the most comfortable.

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

a long enough sundress and cotton mary janes or converse..at least for me :)

LowerEast
Style_council
LowerEast

When I went a couple years ago I wore my bathing suit, jelly gladiator sandals, and throw-on and go dress. I also packed a pair of shorts that I stashed in the locker just in case…..Once it got really hot I couldnt go on any of the serious rides anymore as I almost passed out so I stuck to the water park and hung out in my bathing suit. I think comfort should be your main priority since a lot of walking is involved, a whole lot of people and beyond thats its just normally really hot and sticky. No one feels too cute under those circumstances and if you arent comfortable your setting yourself up for a somewhat bad day!!!

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

I usually wear shorts, a vest and a comfortable sweater with gladiator sandals or converse.
Jeans are a nightmare on the water rides. If you have a towel in your bag you can dry your legs faster in shorts, or they dry off really quickly.

JPB
Style_council
JPB

shorts or capris, tank top or t-shirt, and tennis shoes because its a hassle to take of sandals if you go on rides where your feet dangle.

aislinnh
Style_council
aislinnh

A casual t-shirt or tank, Shorts and Sandals… hair in a ponytail.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

You’re going to be walking around all day so nothing fussy! But you can be casual and stylish too :P I would wear good shoes for walking like canvas slipons, converse, or flat sandals. Light shorts and a singlet or tshirt, sunglasses, sunscreen and maybe a hat. Next time I go to one I probably wouldn’t wear a short skirt or dress as i’d be worried about it flying up during a ride! :P

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I think a romper would be perfect since you don’t have to worry about your dress flying up. As for shoes, I’m scared flip flops may fly off and you’ll have no sheos the entire day so I say flats or sneakers

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

comfy shorts over bathing suit. tank top that can easily be taken off.

kat18
Style_council
kat18

To a water par I would wear either a nice little sundress or just shorts and a basic tee over a swim suit.For shoes,sandals(not flip flops) or some comfy sneakers.If it’s going to a theme park without going on water rides then maybe shorts with a cute top,bangles,and cute flats.

_nonchalant
Style_council
_nonchalant

I usually wear shorts and a tank top. Gladiator sandals are a good idea too because they don’t fall off on rides and they’re stylish. :]

Starhill
Style_council
Starhill

tanks shorts and sandals that stay on :)

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

I haven’t gone in a few years, but I’d probably wear a romper and vans. Simple and comfy.

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

I personally go to Disneyland all the time because it’s really close to where I live, if I’m gonna go all day, i normally just stick to jeans and a tshirt but most days i just go to hang out with friends for a few hours so I’ll wear some of my nicer clothes.

I have to agree with Reybeltane, light dresses are perfect for water rides! I wore a dress last time I went, and it was HOT outside so me and friends hopped on Grizzly, and this one wave came and completly enveloped me! I was so soaked! I was like screaming and laughing and it was crazy xP I thought I was gonna be wet all day but my dress actually dried faster than my hair! So that was pretty awesome!!

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION