Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Jenniferekoorb
New_user Jenniferekoorb is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Jenniferekoorb reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Jenniferekoorb

Hi fashionistas! I need your help!!! I am going to a wedding soon and need your advice as to what colour and style of jacket ( i.e. Cropped or long). The dress is by haute hippie, silk one long sleeve and is bright orange and can be found here http://m.nordstrom.com/Product/Gallery/3190399?origin=product Thanks!!

http://m.nordstrom.com/Product/Gallery/3190399?origin=product

posted over 3 years ago
ThePageStaysBlank
Style_council
ThePageStays...

That one is a little tricky. Perhaps a wrap would work better than a jacket?

posted over 3 years ago

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

I’d say gray or cream for colors, and a fitted blazer/jacket or a cape for cut. Or go with the forever classic and always stylish trench coat. I made some suggestions for you here

A slouchy style like this- Chictopian wears would also be a cool match.

posted over 3 years ago

thegreatbernsby
Style_council
thegreatbernsby

That sleeve looks pretty loose, which means it may be difficult to fit it into a jacked… To avoid it getting wrinkled, you might want to try a cape or wrap – good ideas that were already mentioned.

posted over 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I would recommend maybe a white blazer. I think white with anything looks great and in white you will always look clean.

posted over 3 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

an ivory or cream color would look nice though have you thought about not wearing a jacket? That sleeve is pretty amazing to have covered up

posted over 3 years ago

IdeaSquirrel
Style_council
IdeaSquirrel

I would think – as almost all other users have said, that it would look better with a wrap rather than a jacket. Especially since it looks lose. And also, I think you should go with a white or cream. Or coordinate with your shoe, depending what color that is. (like if your shoes are orange…obviously you should just ignore my idea. :P)

posted over 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I’m just going to voice what other people said: it’s going to be hard to find a jacket that perfectly complements the dress. plus, that one sleeve will be a pain in the butt to squeeze into another sleeve—I have a similar dress with two sleeves, and they always bunch up and give me lady gaga shoulders when I wear something over. so definitely wear something with sturdy fabric rather than loose; i.e. no cardigans, but I’m sure that’s a given.

what about a beige/white trench like this? or or you could go with a dark navy color. if I were you I would try to avoid wearing a jacket unless it’s unbearably cold.

posted over 3 years ago

MyNiftyThrifty
New_user MyNiftyThrifty is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MyNiftyThrifty reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MyNiftyThrifty

Since a jacket will cover both sleeves no one will know it’s a one sleeve till you take it off which actually would be cool. I agree with a light color, cream, white, etc.

posted over 3 years ago

Plamena
Style_council
Plamena

don’t cover the sleeve. choose something neutral, natural color.

posted over 3 years ago

Style_council

silver!

posted over 3 years ago

beneaththeglass
Style_council
beneaththeglass

i agree with some of the other girls; a cape or wrap or shawl would look nice, since it is an awkward cut with the one long sleeve being flowy, not tight. me personally, would wear a long coat that is tailored, not baggy, that hits just below the hemline. A nude shade or white would be good, but black is also always classic have fun! :)

posted over 3 years ago

ElleGivenchy
Style_council
ElleGivenchy

This is old but I’d say navy blue. It is summer’s black and blue is orange’s complimenting color.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION