Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
loveliasha
Style_council
loveliasha

I am 15 turning 16 very soon and i live in a strict family, im alil spoiled so i get what i want most of the time. Back to the point..I wanna be noticed and more out there than the next girl this year at school but still look my age.. So can you give me some ideas?

posted over 3 years ago
notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

Dark washed skinnies, brighter coloured blazers, wedges, fabulous dresses. That’s what I wear and I’m 15.

posted over 3 years ago

Inspirational
Style_council
Inspirational

bright colors, dresses, shorts; and make your hair all pretty. I know that will get you some attention :)

posted over 3 years ago

KarenKay
New_user KarenKay is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KarenKay reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KarenKay

Definitely echo the above comments with the bright colors, but here’s a tip: limit the bright color to one item only, and make everything else neutral in terms of color.
Be confident, get some sleep, do your best! You’ll have an awesome year :)

And one last thing (speaking as a soon-to-be-senior): Don’t make impressing other people your top priority! As long as you’re happy with yourself and are doing your best to be a better person not only in terms of fashion but in terms of personality/health/talent/etc, you have all you need in this world.

posted over 3 years ago

sloan
Style_council
sloan

Although what you wear makes a big difference, the real secret is to act like everything you wear is amazing. The right attitude to match a cute outfit will definitely get you noticed.

Clothing may make the outfit but attitude creates style.

posted over 3 years ago

MyNiftyThrifty
New_user MyNiftyThrifty is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MyNiftyThrifty reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MyNiftyThrifty

Ditto. Confidence with what your wearing shows!

posted over 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

At 16 you start to really come into your own and develop your real fashion sense without going a long with whats in at the time. I think you should buy timeless items. Like cardigans and blazers skinny jeans. I think the main way to wear age appropriate items is to make sure its not too revealing and if you want to wear heels nothing over the top for school.

posted over 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Cute dresses are always good! :) I guess it takes awhile to find out what your true fashion sense is like. Don’t just go with clothes/trends because they are popular, but find clothes that really suit your body shape and your personality! Confidence + attitude are important, if your clothes show that and your personality then it doesn’t matter whether your clothes are “on trend” at the moment or not!

posted over 3 years ago

Totallyoutcasted
Style_council
Totallyoutca...

Firstly, confer with your PARENTS to see what they consider appropriate and inappropriate. Then, check your school’s clothing policy to see what isn’t allowed in school.

Then, EXPERIMENT! You are in high school. You’re developing your style. Put together what you think looks good. For inspiration, check out magazines tailored to people your age (i.e. seventeen) or follow some of the people on chictopia (particularly the ones around your age) whose fashion you admire.

One thing, however, that gets loss in translation is that high school is not a fashion contest. Have fun with your clothes, but your grades should always be your first priority.

Also, don’t TRY too hard to be different, because it’ll make you a poser. Also, there this saying that “the nail that sticks up is the one that gets hammered down”. Focus on developing your own unique style instead of being noticed by others or else it may backfire on you.

posted over 3 years ago

loveliasha
Style_council
loveliasha

thank you all for your comments!!!!! Confidence just might be my issue … I have it but not enough..
@KarenKay
people arent my top priority but i glad that you said that..!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION