Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
katharles
Style_council
katharles

http://canada.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=BTMs&product_id=2066777118&showBACK=OK

I just bought this tiered, metallic-dusted skirt off the Forever21 website because it was on sale. As soon as I paid for it, I realized that I was at a loss as to what to pair it with. I’m more of a floral gal, and I’ve never owned anything even slightly metallic before.

I’m not complaining, though – I love the skirt. I just don’t want it to become another one of those skirts that I pretend to save for another night, just because I don’t know what to pair with it! I think it’s a fun skirt, and unfortunately the picture doesn’t do it justice… I had tried it on at the store before.

I can always just wear it with a plain, black, bandeau tube-top, but that’s so boring! I need ideas!

Thanks!

posted over 4 years ago
raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

i would suggest plainer black tops, or maybe white or grey, solid colour. just because you dont want to detract from the skirt, or have too much going on in your outfit. it looks quite sparkly. definitely wear some fun jewellery with whatever outfit you come up with, which will also help a lot. a gold colour necklace perhaps, or some bracelets. or metallic toned shoes!

if you really dont want such a plain top, how about one with subtle details, like this black one that has ruching on the sleeves? link

or something else with a little nice detail at the neckline.

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

i think a white singlet would look great with it, with some long necklaces. i wouldn’t wear anything too detailed with it as the skirt is already quite ruffly!
is the skirt high waisted? if it is, i would even wear it with some printed tshirts tucked in for a casual look.

posted over 4 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

oh thats a cute skirt! i agree with coldlight, white singlet and accessories would look great

posted over 4 years ago

Lindseytweeters
Style_council
Lindseytweeters

gorgeous skirt!great pick!I would wear a plain black tank tucked in with a long gold necklace,black heels with gold accents,and other gold jewelry!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION