Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Earthchild404
Style_council
Earthchild404

Recently, I was going dress shopping with my aunt for my Uncle’s wedding. I am not in either party, but a guest.It was horrible!!! >.< No matter what I tried on, she insisted I was fat and kept pointing out my ‘bulges’ and getting bigger and bigger dresses until they, at one point, were litterally falling off! So later that night I was talking to my boyfriend and our mutual friend Tina, and it was decided we would go the next day to the mall and find one that actually flatters my body type. (I’m 5’8-5’9, curvy, have lost 55 pounds but still have the horrific thighs)

Toward the end of our trip at Express we saw it. A sapphire blue silk Mad Men inspired dress that flared out around the hip region and was fitted at the torso, the skirt falling about to the knee.

But I am wondering: Is this appropriate for a wedding?

posted almost 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Firstly, I would NEVER go shopping with that aunt again, if I were you (I wouldn’t want to talk to her for a while either, lol) I would have left immediately! That is just beyond rude.

Secondly, the dress sounds lovely! I think it will be perfect for the wedding. Basically, anything that not too short (no minis!) or too casual will work just fine. Speaking in general terms, modest, feminine elegance is what I always feel is best for weddings, and Mad Men inspired pieces are usually just that: modest and elegant. Not because I think you should hide your assets, but simply because you don’t want your boobies to outshine the bride, LOL

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION